Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum Suggestions / Wish List  (Read 824 times)

NoBite

• Administrator
Re: Forum Suggestions / Wish List
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 05:43:59 am »

I miss where the old site had where everyone was from under their name.  It makes a difference when you are talking about weather, horses for sale, hay prices, ect.  Otherwise, I like the new site.

Good point! You know, there is a place in our Profile for our location. I filled that in, but it does not appear under my name, like you suggested, in my posts. I wonder if we have any way to tweak that? Good suggestion. Let's put it on the list.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Legs, MFT, 1999   Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 05:50:08 am »

another question... on the OLD board - in the middle of a long thread we used to have a "reply" option in each post.  Unless I hit "quote" I must scroll up to the top or down to the bottom to get to "reply."  Is there a way to get a "reply" into each post.  If I'm missing something here, somebody please let me know what I'm doing wrong. (said nicely, not sassy)

Joann

I don't think you are missing a thing! I believe this is an anomaly of this board, Reply Button above and below the thread. But, I could be wrong. Again, it shouldn't be hard to confirm whether we can tweak it. It goes on the list.

brendatn

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 06:55:29 am »

Liking the new board and the ideas behind it. I had quit posting pictures I guess because it was so much easier on facebook. I also enjoy seeing where everyone is from. I bring everyone in conversation so much. Such as a lady in so and so said they have been getting snow...etc. And I love to know where the pictures are from--the different terrain. Maybe a list of who is on facebook. I have enjoyed connecting with you on there.

kckc

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 07:24:56 am »

I did enjoy seeing the states where other people lived so that when they posted I knew the location of the weather being discussed or the horse for sale etc.   Maybe we could each just edit our profile name to show the state?  such as KC in NC
NC

Myaj

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 10:55:42 am »

Kysa, I'm more used to phpBB but usually the admin can tweak just about ANY setting anywhere on these boards.. there should be something in the ACP that selects it to display the location.  That's a pretty standard option.

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 07:24:05 am »

Long-time logins so I don't have to log in after leaving GHS then coming back...it says welcome guest every time.

Hey, I made an interesting discovery today. (Which just means I'm slower than all of you that already know this! LOL)  I bookmarked this site when it was still under development. You may have done this, too. The site address then had "s2." in front of "gaitedhorsesense.com". Okay. Every time I access this site using that temporary address, I am asked to login. But, now that Kysa has changed the web address to the permanent one, without the "s2." in front, I have bookmarked it again. When I use the permanent address, I get right in without having to login!

This tip might help someone else that is being asked to continually login each time. Take a look at your bookmark and see where it is directing you. Note that the temporary site (with the "s2.") is now directing everyone to the permanent address, so you need to look at the address of the bookmark you are using, not where you end up!

slicksrmh

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 07:56:07 am »

I've been "logged in" at work, my phone and two laptops at home.....  each of them let me hop right back where I left off.   :o  I haven't had to log back in yet.... but I checked the keep me logged in forever box.

My running total of logged in time keeps accumulating!
He knows when you're happy
He knows when you're comfortable
He knows when you're confident
And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 03:35:34 pm »

I miss the option to include personal info (how many horses, etc.) in user info (when a person clicks through to profile).  I found it interesting to be able to learn more about other users (if they choose to share it).
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

countrygirl

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 03:43:13 pm »

I like to log out when I leave my PC because when I log back in I can select 'Show unread posts since last visit.'  That way, I go straight to the new stuff without having to wander through the entire board.

Any chance we could get a chat room?

Another wish ... when you used full edit mode on the old board, your post was visible as WYSIWYG.  On this board, you have to click Preview to see how the post will look.  Can we get WYSIWYG back?
Liz from Texas

kckc

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 04:12:47 pm »

hey countrygirl - I don't log out and I can still just click on the
"unread posts since last visit and it works "
NC

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 06:44:24 pm »

No, you don't have to log out to see the unread posts since last visit. However it does help to click on "mark posts as read" before you exit the board.

slicksrmh

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 06:48:48 pm »

No, you don't have to log out to see the unread posts since last visit. However it does help to click on "mark posts as read" before you exit the board.

Good idea!!  I hadn't thought about that one.
He knows when you're happy
He knows when you're comfortable
He knows when you're confident
And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up