Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum Suggestions / Wish List  (Read 848 times)

NoBite

• Administrator
Forum Suggestions / Wish List
« on: November 18, 2013, 09:52:50 am »

Is there something you'd like to see in the new forum? A feature you miss from the old board or something entirely new you've had in the back of your mind? List your suggestions and wish lists in this thread.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

G84me

Re: Forum Suggestions / Wish List
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 09:57:35 am »

Long-time logins so I don't have to log in after leaving GHS then coming back...it says welcome guest every time.

- Joann
Central Ohio
Black Jack - STB gelding @ Rainbow Bridge 11/15
Lady - Tennessee Walker mare
Ebony - Tennessee Walker gelding

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 10:27:19 am »

I am thinking at may be a setting at your end, joann.  I do not login very time.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

G84me

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 10:52:02 am »

Kysa, if it's there I don't see it... Been thru entire Profile section: A/C settings, Look & Layout, Notifications, Personal Messaging, and Buddies.  I know you're busy, but if you don't have to sign in....there has to be some place to designate this.
- Joann
Central Ohio

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 11:31:14 am »

Joann, I am using Firefox.  I could check a little box at the beginning that I wanted to stay logged on.  Firefox also asked if it wanted to save my login and password, and I said yes.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 01:27:21 pm »

I only have to log in if I log out when I leave.

Walkin45

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 02:30:58 pm »

I have a few suggestions about the board, if anybody is interested ??

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 02:37:31 pm »

I have a few suggestions about the board, if anybody is interested ??

Well, you found the right place to state those suggestions! Go right ahead...

Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

Walkin45

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 04:39:17 pm »

The suggestions are neither pleasant or appropriate for mixed company.  This is the worst alful-est mess I have ever seen, and this is the 3rd message board I have been with since joining GHS.

kckc

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 05:31:23 pm »

Gosh and I seem to be doing just fine even though I am techno-challenged.   I've figured out how to stay logged on, how to read new posts, start new threads, change colors on my fonts.... try smiling while you're on the forum...if people can supposedly hear a smile over the phone maybe your computer would notice too   :)
NC

slicksrmh

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 05:37:46 pm »

I really like the new format.  Love that you can add photos directly.  I like the new font options and smileys.  The format itself will take some getting used to, but overall I find it fairly simple.... just different.
He knows when you're happy
He knows when you're comfortable
He knows when you're confident
And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 07:46:54 pm »

The suggestions are neither pleasant or appropriate for mixed company.  This is the worst alful-est mess I have ever seen, and this is the 3rd message board I have been with since joining GHS.

I don't know how to say this other than straightforward. I don't think the problem is necessarily with the forum. I am sorry you are having problems. As you have admitted, you are sometimes computer-challenged. If you would like to try to figure this out, I will do my best to help. Or, I will consult with folks smarter than me if I can't figure it out. But, you have to decide if you want to try.

I can't see your computer, so when you have problems if you can provide as much information as possible, it would be helpful. What system are you using? Browser? Mobile device or computer? There are hundreds of possible combinations. I haven't tried them all! But, I will sure try to figure out your situations if you can manage a positive attitude.

Tammy-MO Foxtrotter

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 08:07:53 pm »

I miss where the old site had where everyone was from under their name.  It makes a difference when you are talking about weather, horses for sale, hay prices, ect.  Otherwise, I like the new site.
Tammy
North Central Missouri
Gaited Morgan Black Gelding
Foxtrotter Sorrel Mare

G84me

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 08:26:24 pm »

I only have to log in if I log out when I leave.

Cyd...thanks for posting this... so I tried skipping the logout and it worked!  Way too easy...<G>

another question... on the OLD board - in the middle of a long thread we used to have a "reply" option in each post.  Unless I hit "quote" I must scroll up to the top or down to the bottom to get to "reply."  Is there a way to get a "reply" into each post.  If I'm missing something here, somebody please let me know what I'm doing wrong. (said nicely, not sassy)

Joann
- Joann
Central Ohio

G84me

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 08:28:27 pm »

Joann, I am using Firefox.  I could check a little box at the beginning that I wanted to stay logged on.  Firefox also asked if it wanted to save my login and password, and I said yes.

Kysa I use Firefox also, and when I initially signed up I told it to remember my PW and stay logged in.  Sometimes it takes a while to put 2 and 2 together, but it's coming....
- Joann
Central Ohio
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up