Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not a horse trailer but...  (Read 240 times)

ponymare

Not a horse trailer but...
« on: November 24, 2019, 09:53:46 pm »

We picked up a 24 ft. Gator Made Aardvark tilt trailer for hauling the tractor and I think David is really pleased with the quality of it. Already christened it with mud getting it out of a wet field lol! The tilt part is really cool. It's kind of like a teeter totter when not locked down. I had no idea there was such a thing. Our youngest son says we need a trailer intervention!

kckc

Re: Not a horse trailer but...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 05:14:13 am »

sweet. !  I looked at one of those when I bought my trailer - different brand but same thing... really pretty cool
NC

kckc

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 05:15:54 am »

oh and saw your post about the trailer tag... here in NC we have a permanent trailer tag which is like $75 and you never renew it.   Not advertised here, you have to ask for it.    Otherwise can't you tag it from your TN address?  :-) :-)
NC

ponymare

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 07:57:01 am »

Ugh!  I wish kckc!  But when he starts doing commercial work, it needs to be tagged in the Sip for now!  Our LQ tag was over 1K the first year (I try to forget exactly how much lol) and was $900+ the next year.  He was so mad. It still hurts his feelings. I don't tell him how much it is anymore! I think TN also has one you can get for life. That is the part that really tears him up lol!

He looked at Sure-Trac (his second choice) and Big Tex which he didn't care for. He had looked at a 16,000 pound but got a 14,000 pound one. I think he's pretty happy with his decision. I believe they actually make them in NC but we got ours cheaper from a dealer. Strange. Now if we could just find a place to park them all.  My oldest son has a Z that will be moved soon so that should free up a little space. My youngest son is still at home with two cars and then the truck and my Subie.  We may need to put a circle drive in our yard lol!

Walkin45

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 08:05:38 am »

Tag it in Maine.

TN Trail Rider

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 01:29:48 pm »

That one-time tag is also available in TN.

ponymare

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 03:09:02 pm »

I'll be tagging it in TN about a year and half from now, hopefully!! Sales tax was also 7% on top of that. Merry Christmas to me! Not 1K this time at least but over halfway there.  :P

Pages: [1]   Go Up