verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My horse friends will understand  (Read 387 times)

Laurie

Re: My horse friends will understand
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2019, 04:42:16 pm »

Ponymare I started laughing when I read about your rolling the round bale out of the back of your truck....I remember a few years ago on this board when someone.....can't remember who...was telling us about she and her husband getting their first round bale and pushing it out of the back of their truck......The bale started rolling down a hill or incline and picked up speed and took out their fence!   It was funny at the time, but I am sure they were shocked beyond words :D :D :D

I was roped into getting a round bale one time years ago when I first had horses, actually someone else's horses that were living at my house and he wanted to try it..   Those horses made the biggest mess. They walked on it, they pulled it out, lay in it,  peed in it, pooped in it and then would not eat it!  The big mess of hay got soaking wet and turned into a big muddy mess.  I ended up having to take my hay fork out there and clean it up and  burn it.   

My one and only experience with a round bale.  Plus I think it ruined the shocks in my little truck I had at the time.  After that....it was square bales for me!

So be careful when you roll that bale out of the truck!

ponymare

Re: My horse friends will understand
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2019, 11:20:50 pm »

Haha! Yes! I know someone who rolled theirs off into their pond and it actually floated there for a year!  ::) Not funny to her at the time as it represented an expense and an aggravation but she later found it sort of funny! I knew another girl who would get hers out of her truck by using a rope pulley system over a tree branch. I guess where there's a will there's usually a way!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up