Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shawnee or Brushy Creek  (Read 66 times)

Iceangel

Shawnee or Brushy Creek
« on: February 01, 2019, 09:42:11 am »

So I have a new horse and I am not totally confident on him yet. A friend wants to go to either Shawnee or Brushy Creek this Spring or Fall.  I get scared if the trails are to steep especially if wet and more so on a new horse. Of the two, what trails are more rolling and not so challenging?

NoBite

• Administrator
Re: Shawnee or Brushy Creek
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 11:38:32 am »

Well, I have ridden both. It's been a few years since we have ridden at Brushy Creek, although we have ridden there several times over long weekends. We have a permanent campsite in a prominent camp in the Shawnee Forest and ride there frequently. Based on your question, I would suggest Brushy Creek. I don't recall any challenging, steep terrain. You can ride to Sutton's Bluff and down to the river if you wish. That would be about the only real steep terrain I recall there. There are a lot of rolling hills and well-defined trails. It's very pretty and the folks there are real nice! Great place to look at Foxtrotters, too, as Valley Springs Foxtrotters adjoins the Brushy Creek Lodge and trail ride.

We love the Shawnee Forest and I'd recommend visiting there!
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

ClaudiaIN

• CQ Equine Gifts.Facebook.com/
Re: Shawnee or Brushy Creek
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 11:39:24 am »

You cant get better than Shawnee IMO
The more rolling hills are over by Hayes Canyon campground area.
The more challenging trails are over by  Garden of the Gods
see my website @ www.CQEquine.com

And on Facebook.   Www.Facebook.com/CQEquine
Pages: [1]   Go Up