Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayers for Speedy  (Read 133 times)

fargos handmaiden

Prayers for Speedy
« on: December 12, 2018, 04:16:34 pm »

He came up lame in back left leg. Dug all the mud out of foot and found no nail or.anything in foot. Won't put any weight on it.and I can tell way he acts it hurts all the time whether he steps on it or not. He does.seem to react mildly when I run hands over fetlock. I think but not sure I can see.a.slight swelling there but thru all the thick winter fur hard to say. Vet won't take him till Friday afternoon. So muddy here and that little Hyperactive child, I figure he.twisted it running or otherwise acting stupid in the mud.

Would appreciate prayers.that it is an easy heal and no big deal. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 04:27:47 pm by fargos handmaiden »

fargos handmaiden

Re: Prayers for Speedy
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 07:13:11 pm »

Panick over. Whatever was bothering him cleared up apparently so canceled appointment.

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 04:36:53 pm »

That's a relief! I was thinking it might be an abscess. When a horse is that lame you expect it to take a while to heal but I have had them very lame one day and over it the next.

fargos handmaiden

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 11:27:53 pm »

He had a pretty big round ball of mud under that foot which I dug out expecting to find a nail or something in that foot. But he continued to limp big time even after I dug it out and kept drawing up his leg like he was still in pain. So who knows if that was the reason or not. Only time I ever had a horse act like that is when they did have a nail deeply embedded.

Anyway, glad it now appears to be nothing significant. Thanks, Stablemind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up