verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is Your Worming Schedule?  (Read 365 times)

luvmysmh

Re: What is Your Worming Schedule?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 06:45:40 am »

NoBite that is a great article.  I printed it out and will keep it handy.  Thank you!

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 07:40:21 am »

NoBite that is a great article.  I printed it out and will keep it handy.  Thank you!

You are most welcome!
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 03:57:42 pm »

Excellent article !!!  Thank you for sharing--I've bookmarked for future reference.  Having learned not long ago that resistance to worming products has become such a serious problem in other countries that wormers are sold by prescription only got my attention.  We're fortunate I suppose that our horses are rarely/never exposed to other horses.
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

fargos handmaiden

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2018, 01:20:42 am »

We use.fecal tests too. Not sure why one.person here thought they were expensive. Ours $20. If you can't.get the horse to the vet, you can always take the fecal sample to the vet if it's.fresh and put in a sanitary bag like a zip lock. Vets would rather take it themselves but this is better than nothing or.paying $100.

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2018, 06:19:35 am »

We use.fecal tests too. Not sure why one.person here thought they were expensive. Ours $20. If you can't.get the horse to the vet, you can always take the fecal sample to the vet if it's.fresh and put in a sanitary bag like a zip lock. Vets would rather take it themselves but this is better than nothing or.paying $100.

Exactly!! We didn't take any of our horses in to the vet, just the samples.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

Cashela

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 12:09:59 pm »

I worm twice a year with Quest Plus and Equimax.  Keep in mind that not all worms show up in fecals.
Jenn-New Hampshire

McKenzie 1

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2019, 04:29:14 pm »

I don't see the persons name that feeds probiotics but do you think they help? What is succeed?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up