verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone feed their horses Barn Bag?  (Read 312 times)

kckc

Re: Anyone feed their horses Barn Bag?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 12:24:35 pm »

awww pretty.... looks like a model in front of a fan getting that mane movement  :-)
NC

misstux

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 08:25:31 am »

Strider’s vet had him on 5000 units a day and boosted him to 8000 when we tried treating him for EPM. I give the gel caps, but don’t puncture them. He gets them in a hay pellet mash.

PAWalker

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2019, 10:11:13 am »

kckc, thank you:). Kenny calls that "a Farrah Fawcett mane", lol  that was in June last year.  We were already miserable hot/humid enough to run the barrel fans every evening.

misstux, yes, I can sure understand that high a dose of Vitamin E for an EPM patient -- especially when the vet recommends it:)

It could be fallacy but the reason I was told to puncture and drain the gel caps was because there was no guarantee all of the gel caps would dissolve -- that they could just as easily pass right thru the horse.

I can't remember where I heard that much less who said it -- I know I did not hear it from a vet or I would remember:)

Pasolady

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2019, 05:24:52 am »

I feed the vit. e caps and just toss them in the feed.  Most times they will bite down on the caps and cause them to pop open.  You don't have to puncture them unless you have a horse that will nose them to the side.  Mine all clean up their cubes with the caps in them, nothing left.

fargos handmaiden

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2019, 11:17:17 am »

Wow! PAWalker, that IR horse, especially at 23, looks amazing. I will have to save your info. My IR horse did improve on Heiro but seems to have platoed. Read tremendous reviews on Quiessence for IR, hyper and old horse problems and I got all 3, but if it doesn't work on my IR horse, I am going to give your suggestions a try. Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up