Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Octoberfest 2018 Springfield, MA  (Read 82 times)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
Octoberfest 2018 Springfield, MA
« on: October 25, 2018, 01:22:43 pm »

The show started this morning  The barn is doing very well.  There were 9 in Pleasure Driving, we pulled a 6th.
More tomorrow.  Sam also shows tomorrow.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

kckc

Re: Octoberfest 2018 Springfield, MA
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 06:24:04 pm »

wonderful !  I miss showing sometimes ...
NC

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 05:12:27 am »

Woke up this morning thinking about you and wondering how it was going!  Looking forward to more updates!
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 07:25:02 am »

Thank you ladies. If anyone wants to watch the show go to BoothVideo.com and you can watch it live for FREE.  The show starts at 10 am DST  am is in classes 55 and 65 today and I am in class 88 this evening.
I will keep you all updated.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 10:48:32 am »

I just finished watching Sam's 2nd class.  She pulled 2nd in her pleasure class and 5th in EQ.  We are very proud of Sam and Fromke.

Now I am going to take a nap and then mid to late afternoon will head out for the show to drive tonight.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 05:40:38 am »

I went out to the show again yesterday afternoon.  The barn is having a monster show wins all over in all divisions entered in.  I had a wonderful drive with Fromka and we pulled a 3rd.  Dan was all happy with us.  The weather is in as I type making me glad I don't have to go back up today.  The barn has many classes left to show everyone just how wonderful Dan and his crew are.  I'm going to clean out my truck and then watch the show on my pc.  I'll keep you posted.

After this we have Equine Affaire  Life is good at the moment.

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 06:46:32 am »

Thanks for letting us in on your adventures. It's great to see you having such a blast and I admire the spirit of your group! Congratulations to all on your wins. Not many of us have the opportunity to do such things.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 03:54:29 am »

Thank you for your kind words Cyd.  I know I am blessed to be able to still do what I have loved all my life.
Sam had a class yesterday she pulled a third.  Watching the show I came to the realization that all 3 judges to not like kids on Fresians.  Oh they are pulling good ribbons, but not where they have pinned over this show season.  But as we tell the kids it's one persons opinion and that they are riding and showing to their usual high levels so have fun.  Yes, we are telling them to have fun.

Sam has one more class this morning.  The barn more than a few.
Stay tuned.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 07:53:34 am »

Sam just won the Walk Trot 10 and under Pleasure class.  I am one happy
Grandma!!!  She had one heck of a ride.  Just saying  lol

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 04:43:53 pm »

Congratulations to you and your Granddaughter!  It is important to go and have fun, and to be happy with a good ride even if you don't place.  I have a friend that was at Quarter horse Congress.  Her class had 3 judges and over 100 riders.  2 judges bypassed her but the 3rd one had her in 14th place!   She was ecstatic that one of them liked her!   She had fun, enjoyed the ride, and is glad she went.
MJ

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 05:18:17 am »

Congrats to your friend.  She has the correct mind set, at least to me.  I love to win but will take a great ride/drive over a not so great placing.  To be selected 14th out of 100 is a great class.

Mike and I watched Sam's class and knew she had a great ride, but as I said these judges didn't seem to like kids on Fresians.  No clue why not Dan's horses are the steadiest, calmest horses in the classes in many cases.  So now we have Equine Affaire in a couple of weeks then vacation for a few months and I have to find us another Fresian to ride and show.
Pages: [1]   Go Up