Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You know you are a horse person when....  (Read 128 times)

KysaSD

• Administrator
You know you are a horse person when....
« on: October 21, 2018, 05:57:22 pm »

You sell a car so you can buy a saddle.

Yep.  I finally replaced my 20 year old tracker.  I bought from a private individual so no trade in.  Then I sold the 20 year old vehicle for just enough to get a Wintec Aussie for the 4 year old MFT who will undoubtedly grow and change much over the next few years.  But I still need to be able to ride him.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

JMR - Scout and Cisco

Re: You know you are a horse person when....
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 07:45:36 am »

Oh Kysa, only you would think to sell a car to get a saddle.  But if I thought I needed that saddle very badly, I sure would sell something to get the saddle  also.  I hope the saddle was worth more than the car.

Jeanne

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 02:48:26 pm »

nope.  20 year old tracker...sold it or $600.  Buying Wintec Aussie for $800.  But it is worth it.  Solo will change sizes a dozen times in the next couple of years, so this saddle will change with him.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

ponymare

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 04:41:31 pm »

Somehow I missed the MFT. Is he the Curley? Where is that convo?

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 06:24:37 pm »

Yes, a curly foxtrotter.  He was 3.5 when I bought him mid summer.  In two weeks he will be 4.  A very sweet horse, and gaits to die for.  But certainly not his mature size and shape yet. 

capecupcake

• Horses are my sanity
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 01:47:24 am »

I have done this. I had a Ford SportTrac that I loved and had saved up for. But when I found out that my old horse Ronetta, was being mistreated in her new home and was for sale, I didn't hesitate to sell it to get her back. No regrets. Would do it again. She was worth more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up