verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NAUGHTY NAUGHTY DOZER  (Read 225 times)

melissah

NAUGHTY NAUGHTY DOZER
« on: October 11, 2018, 10:03:33 am »

NAUGHTY NAUGHT DOZER! So we call him Feral! Use to be David's horse but somehow I think his riding days are over. But that's okay we have a guest horse and one I can work with because Jex is perfect ;). Second time I have ever ridden him. First time was when he was consistently ridden over a year and a half ago. He's a huge 15.2 MFT and can have his share of tantrums. First, he's never ridden off alone, second he shakes his head when he has a tantrum and tries what he wants to do. I only rode him in our turn out in CA in a canter. Sweet Canter. But after eating, sleeping and pooping for a couple of years now he thought he was in retirement. I decided to get on and I could barely get my foot in the stirrup. I thought, "Why my husband is taller." oops Hannah tried him last so my knee's were almost to may face. Said what the heck. Next ride I'm lowering them. I'm 5'6" no 5'1" This horse is a challenge worth every minute. Can't wait to get on again. He is definitely not beginner friendly but that only makes him more fun. Can't wait to lower the stirrups. Try gain today. He needs a lesson of who's in charge again. Silly horse. We were riding in a new area, never rode him alone and there was a ditch on one side.

https://youtu.be/rH7g29c6Aig

Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

abbypeaches

• A hunk of meat and two potatoes!
Re: NAUGHTY NAUGHTY DOZER
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 03:54:45 pm »

Sounds like you have a challenge there!

Marilyn
Marilyn and
 Bud, 31yo reg. MFT gelding & Midnight Rendezvous (Kate) 2 yo MFT  mare.

melissah

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 07:19:25 am »

But was so worth it! ;D
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

MMLaurie

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 11:26:25 am »

Hi
Just a little disturbed by your last two posts and your video. I don't want to hurt your feelings but I am always on the side of the horse.

Science is hard to ignore. Read any and all by Andrew Mclean.  ( that is if you are interested in better results) 

Horses are not naughty by nature.

https://www.horsemagazine.com/thm/2016/04/andrew-mclean-on-punishment/
Laurie from the north. Canada eh!
Saskatchewan.

Walkin45

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 02:24:22 pm »

He’s already won. You didn’t work him hard enough at the house to make him think about it.

2gaits

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 09:08:48 pm »

Just seems what I would call barn sour and spoiled. How did he do in the past by himself? I would say he needs to go back to work full time and I would want a round pen to work him in and an arena. He acts up out, back to the round pen or arena for some hard work. There is nothing wrong with him that hard work won't fix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up