verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dry shampoo?  (Read 326 times)

Pupsnponies

Dry shampoo?
« on: January 14, 2014, 04:51:36 pm »

Hi everyone,

I've got a horse with a lot of white. Those out there in the same situation, what's your favorite "dry" shampoo for between baths?

Thanks for any and all input!

Mj

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
Re: Dry shampoo?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 05:41:47 pm »

I have two mostly white paint horses, they are always dirty,  my solution was to buy gaited horses, one is solid sorrel, the other is solid black.  Well the gelding does have one white sock, that was nearly a deal breaker for me.   ;D
MJ

Pupsnponies

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 06:31:32 pm »

I have two mostly white paint horses, they are always dirty,  my solution was to buy gaited horses, one is solid sorrel, the other is solid black.  Well the gelding does have one white sock, that was nearly a deal breaker for me.   ;D

Haha! Yeah, I hear ya. That's what I thought too and then came along Ajax. He has gait to absolutely die for.. Nationals quality according to one well known clinician. And the in-your-pocket curious personality that I love combined with smarts that keep me working to keep up with him.  I think he is my "once in a lifetime" kinda horse...well worth a bit of extra effort! He's 5 and I'm 56. That being said, I surely would like a spot-clean (no pun intended) product that worked better than what I had last summer.  I put a cover-up on him at camp (tie stall) but when he lays down to sleep he always manages to get dirty anyway.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 06:45:39 pm by Pupsnponies »

kckc

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 07:02:06 pm »

when I was showing we would baby powder the white areas to try to keep the dirt off the white...

cowboy magic makes a greenspot remover that gets good reviews.   I bought some to try on my old dog but haven't tried it on a horse yet.
NC

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 07:06:21 pm »

We've got Lacey (cremello mare) so I can totally relate. Wish I could recommend a product, but I've never found anything that comes even close to a bucket of shampoo-water and a jelly curry.

craftcorral

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 12:07:02 pm »

I've never found anything that worked completely but did like the reasonable results that I got with the Cowboy Magic stain remover in a spray bottle. 

I too have sworn off white/mostly white horses...but sometimes one just has to deal with the dirty white in exchange for an awesome horse.  Good luck finding a solution!
Pages: [1]   Go Up