verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More Hay feeder ideas?  (Read 64 times)

Iceangel

More Hay feeder ideas?
« on: September 29, 2018, 09:22:09 am »

Trying to figure out what to do with these two feeders to make it more natural for them to eat out of.  I don't like their necks cranked to the side while eating. My initial idea is to get a really longer net so it drapes almost to the ground and then put a half top on it for rain.   Any other thoughts or see dangers?  I am going to switch the nets on these two and see if it works. Put the longer net from the big feeder and put on smaller feeder. I feed square bales so I just throw over the top.

kckc

Re: More Hay feeder ideas?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 09:09:43 am »

if the nets actually sat more on the base and the base was lower that might get their heads down more plus maybe they'd pull from the bottom more if there was more hay  -- but if you don't have more net to make it lower you wouldn't want them to have a space above where they'd try to insert their heads over the net...   
Have you just tried a rubber ring with the haybags hooked to the ring?   you can put a piece of plywood on the ground first if you don't want the hay on the ground... but it gets their heads straight and you aren't having to lift a bale as high. 
NC
Pages: [1]   Go Up