Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for Camargue (French) saddle  (Read 110 times)

fargos handmaiden

Looking for Camargue (French) saddle
« on: September 28, 2018, 01:39:30 am »

Probably an impossibility but would like to find one used or if not used, find someone who sells them stateside. Found imports made in India, I think, that did not even resemble the real thing. Anybody got any leads/ideas on this? Thanks.

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: Looking for Camargue (French) saddle
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 05:56:41 am »

I had NO IDEA what you were talking about, so I looked it up.
I have never seen such a thing, but probably someone somewhere in the USA imports them.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

GloriousJourney

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 09:43:27 am »

There is a Boroque saddle on Ebay right now that is made in Germany by Dueber and Partner Saddlery. It looks just like the photo. I have a Quantum Sport model made by the company. These are beautifully made saddles, on an adjustbale width tree...and adjustable by yourself. The adjustment changes the width of the entire tree, not just the gullet in the front.They are wool stuffed, and that can also be adjusted. The link to the saddle is:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DP-Saddle-Deuber-and-Partner-Jeanne-DArc-Baroque-Adjustable-Tree-Saddle-Sz-S2/273446491400?hash=item3faaae5508%3Ag%3AI-QAAOSwWo5bkXsv&LH_ItemCondition=4

it is not mine
Lesley in Jupiter

Cassidy

• S.W. Michigan
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 11:43:49 am »

FYI. Not all DP saddles have the same tree so not all models will fit every horse.  Last year I took a horse to a person who sells DP saddles. She's been a professional fitter for about 40 years. She tried 4 different DP on my horse ... none fit and the horse was not a hard fit. Finally one did fit but not one I wanted. She was shocked to find out the trees are different since their one selling point is the adjustment leads one to think you're going to fit any horse. But yes, they are beautiful saddles, the Spanish ones are my favorite.
Chris, S.W. Michigan

fargos handmaiden

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 04:15:33 am »

Thanks, all. I found them for sale in France from a company named Pads something. Exchange rate would make saddle cost only $116 right now. Shipping of course another matter. Has anyone any knowledge of this company? Has anyone imported.directly and how safe is it if it's northern Europe? Thanks.

My spell check is.a.dictator. Company is.P.A.D.D.-horse tack.com. without the periods.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 04:49:45 am by fargos handmaiden »

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 07:45:29 am »

I went to the website.
https://www.padd-horsetack.com/4-saddles?orderby=name&orderway=asc&id_category=4&n=36#/page-2
I did not find the saddle you are wanting, but find their prices are slightly higher than in the USA for the same thing.
The current exchange rate is 1 to .86 dollar to euro.
So, divide their prices by 0.86.
The child’s leadline saddle I sell for $150 is $180 on their site.

I have not imported direct, but I do sell some European stuff.  Shipping is not outrageous, but it is months out as it is shipped by sea.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

fargos handmaiden

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 10:31:14 pm »

Loops! You are so right, Kysa. I was mistaking the Euro sign for.the Franc sign.

fargos handmaiden

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 02:11:46 pm »

OK, anyone familiar with "myselleria.com"? Reviews on Google pretty good, but I emailed.them twice with questions on the saddle and no response. Tracked down phone number to Italy. Saddle is priced over $800 but notation underneath says "non-euro VAT: $600 . Does that mean here in States, it would only cost the $600 plus shipping of course? Is anyone familiar with this company?

Thanks for lead on German saddle.but saddle slant looks.a.little.different to me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up