Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reaction to Flu Shot  (Read 274 times)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
Re: Reaction to Flu Shot
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2018, 11:18:20 am »

lol Laurie, feel well.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

Laurie

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 09:47:12 am »

Yeah......I almost asked the nurse how they knew I was a "senior" citizen as I am SURE I don't look like one (lol).........probably the Medicare card gave me away :o

Today my arms are sore at the injection sites but other than that I am ok.....hope these shots keep the flu and pneumonia at bay......

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 09:53:56 am »

I've had 3 pneumonia shots and still got it last year.  Pay attention if you start with a cold and it travels into your chest.  Just saying.
Glad you are ok so far.

Laurie

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 11:16:19 am »

I too have caught the flu .......and after I had a flu shot...  I guess its a guessing game....to see if they can guess which strain of flu will hit us each year in a major way.  I am playing the odds 8)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 02:16:59 pm »

As we get older we need to play the odds.  lol

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2018, 03:23:14 pm »

I agree. The odds are very slim the shot will do you any good. If you have autoimmune issues, it may do you harm. No thanks.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

MyBoyG

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2018, 06:51:24 pm »

I got the Fluzone shot last week for the first time. Guess I'm close enough to 65 to get one. The pharmacist was awesome. Barely felt it and very little soreness at the injection site. I did feel a little tired for a few days but back to normal. Last year I skipped getting a shot and was as sick as a dog for over two weeks. Connecticut had it's first flu death this week, someone over 65. Scary stuff to mess with!

Horsemanship, the wonderful never ending journey of learning!   Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it.  Autograph your work with excellence.

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 07:41:50 am »

I never get a flu shot because my father died from it.  He had gotten so bad from smoking, that he was very frail and could not get around very well the last year of his life.  My father had taken the flu shot many years ago before he got so bad with his health.  At that time he got very sick from the shot and never took one again.  After that, he never took it again and never got anything more than a bad cold.  But when he got to where he started really having health issues from his years of smoking, and his lungs were pretty much gone by then, and the Dr. told my mother that my father really needed to take the flu shot because of his lungs being so bad.  So, she let them give the shot to my father and he got very ill the first year.  He was in the hospital for a few days also.  Then the next year, they again pushed the flu shot on him again, and that time he got even a worst flue, ended back in the hospital again and never recovered this time.  So, me being very similar to my father much more than my mother, I never take a flu shot.  Had the flu once in my life and that was caught by my ex-husband who brought it home from where he worked.  There was a large bunch of workers there that all came down with that at the same time frame, so he brought the flu home to me also.  Not fun!! That was the only time I ever had the flu and I hope I never get it again.

Jeanne

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2018, 10:12:16 am »

But knowing how my father was with this being a shot that can also work the other way around and make you  come down with the flu, I will never let anyone give me the flu shot.  I will take my chances being that I am what I would consider healthy.  And the only time I ever got the flu was from my Ex-husband when thy had bad break out of flu where he worked and he shared it with me. 

And what really bugs me is when you go in the stores that are doing the shots and you walk by and they are asking if I have my shot yet.  If I wanted to get it, I would stop and talk to them.  But to ask me while I am walking through is annoying.

Jeanne

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2018, 11:14:39 am »

The issue of the flu show is a private and personal issue.  I do not believe anyone has the right to push this or any other shot on anyone. JMO

I get it because I have had the flu more than one time and in the last 10years have not had it.  As I said it is an individual issue.  I posted just to let folks know that I did have a reaction.  Again, the first one in all the years I have taken it.'I just want all my friends  to be aware of what happened.  Please everyone stay healthy.

Laurie

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2018, 11:52:54 am »

I had a sore spot on my arm that lasted for several days and it actually bruised it around the site. I had the one for "senior" citizens.   I know there are strong opinions out there about whether or not you get the shot, but I always do.  Having worked in a school system for almost 40 years, I believe in vaccines.

But, as someone said, the flu shot is completely voluntary. Each person has to make their own decision.  Hope we all stay well this season!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up