Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Reaction to Flu Shot  (Read 278 times)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
Reaction to Flu Shot
« on: September 18, 2018, 10:08:20 am »

just to let you all know.  I got the Senior Enhanced Flu Shot last Thursday.  I am still not feeling well.  Just tired and miserable.  Lots of napping. 
Good luck  to you all and I hope you don't get what I did.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

Karen

• Woodland Brittanys
Re: Reaction to Flu Shot
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 12:12:38 pm »

Feel better Judi! 
Karen

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 01:17:02 pm »

We'll be going for flu immunizations in the not too distant future.  How is the enhanced vaccine different from regular?  And do you know if it's live or killed?  And last but not least, hope you feel better soon!  Knock on wood, worst reaction I've ever had was just EXTREME soreness around injection site.
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

kckc

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 02:08:23 pm »

I have never had a flu shot … doesn't sound like I'll be getting one either
NC

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 05:10:11 pm »

Judi, when I went to get mine, the Pharmacist said it common to get sore and achy, and tired from the enhanced shot.  They didn't have on had that day, so I haven't gotten it yet. 
  I babysit my granddaughters, and the oldest just started pre school, and we all ended up with colds!  So I may have to get it, or get the flu from those little buggars.  Ugh.
MJ

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 06:55:09 pm »

Val, I have NO clue all we were told is due to our age we get the Senior Enhanced shot.  From what I read it's a Killed shot, but the reaction that I had/have can happen.  The shot site was never sore, I was achy, stuffy, sneezing and just tired.  I slept for 2 days straight.  Today was better. I should be fine by tomorrow.

If I were you I'd get it sooner rather than later.
To the rest of my friends thank you for your thoughts.  I have to get over this as we have Kur with 15 horses this Sat and then leave for Ohio on the 30th for a week.  I have NO time for this after tomorrow. lol

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 04:38:55 am »

WoW!  That is intense.  Glad you're getting better daily. 
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

Cashela

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 06:32:36 am »

I haven't gotten a flu shot in a few years, I'll probably regret it. Every time I got one, within a couple of days I was sick.  So I stopped getting them.
Jenn-New Hampshire

Laurie

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 07:45:25 am »

I have had flu shots for the past 20 years or more with few exceptions.  I have had the flu, and it knocked me out of two weeks of work.  It also left me feeling week and tired for a long time.  Before I retired I worked in the school system, and anytime you are around that many people you are around people who are sick. I also got the pneumonia vaccine and the shingles vaccine when I got old enough.  I got the pneumonia vaccine because the shot nurse talked me into it ( ;D), and I got the shingles vaccine after my hubby got the shingles.  I saw how much pain he was in and I got the vaccine as soon as I could.   I definitely do not want shingles!

Anyway, last November I was diagnosed with copd which puts me at risk for anything that causes respiratory issues.....so I will definitely get my flu shot.   :-* :-*

Walkin45

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 08:14:12 am »

Walgreens didn’t mention enhanced. But I got my flow shot and was sick for a few days. But would never consider not getting a flu shot.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 09:55:01 am »

I am not suggesting people don't get the shot just wanted to give you all a heads up.

I have received 3 pneumonia shots and last year I got the dreaded disease.  It took 2 months to recover and I can only guess how bad it would have been without the shots.

We were told we were getting the senior enhanced shot  no clue.  Mike is fine and I have never had a reaction but I made up for it this year.

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 12:57:20 pm »

I have never had a flu shot … doesn't sound like I'll be getting one either

I have not had one in years. Do not plan on getting one.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

Riderkat

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 12:42:11 pm »

just to let you all know.  I got the Senior Enhanced Flu Shot last Thursday.  I am still not feeling well.  Just tired and miserable.  Lots of napping. 
Good luck  to you all and I hope you don't get what I did.

That sounds like the Fluzone High Dose or the Fluad shot. Feeling run down and tired afterward is a known side effect.

I hope you perk up soon!!

For anyone interested, the CDC site is a great resource:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm

And here are the recommended shots by age group:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2018-2019.htm

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 04:19:18 pm »

That sounds like the Fluzone High Dose or the Fluad shot. Feeling run down and tired afterward is a known side effect.

I hope you perk up soon!!

For anyone interested, the CDC site is a great resource:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm

And here are the recommended shots by age group:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season-2018-2019.htm
[/quote]
THANK YOU for the reminder about CDC!  LOTS of great info there.
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

Laurie

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 10:52:48 am »

Well, I went to the pulmonary doctor this morning for my regular visit, and he told me to get my flu shot and pneumonia vaccine sooner rather than later as they were already reporting cases of the flu in the area.

So, I stopped at Walgreen's on the way home and got both shots.  The nurse told me she was giving me the flu shot recommended for "senior citizens"......Yikes.....now I feel old.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up