Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moldy Tack  (Read 257 times)

capecupcake

• Horses are my sanity
Re: Moldy Tack
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 08:31:01 am »

I am having problems with mold this year also. But I board, so keeping the tack in the house is not really an option. I just tend to wipe it off and clean well a couple times a year. My saddle is a lightweight, so it's not all leather.

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 02:36:54 pm »

Steve just did that job a short time ago.  I was glad he got the saddles out of the barn where it can be damp and put them in the L/Q trailer instead.  Hope that will keep them in better shape.

Jeanne

Riderkat

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 09:10:39 am »

I am battling mold, too. In Alabama, if you stand still too long, you mold.

I am now cleaning leather with a mild Dawn detergent and water solution. I had used leather conditioners in the past and I think I was feeding the mold with conditioner ingredients. I let it sit under a fan and get good and dry, then oiled it with pure neatsfoot. Mold is a bear to deal with! The vinegar approach didn't help me at all unfortunately. Oh one thing- throw away any sponges, rags etc used to remove mold. Get rid of them, stat.

ponymare

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 07:59:32 am »

kckc, can you give a link to plug in humidifier you bought?  We have been getting mold in our LQ this summer. Yuck.  It's like RiderKat says. If you stand still in MS you will mold!

ponymare

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2018, 12:31:38 pm »

Thanks kckc. Think I may try the rechargeable one first and see how that works. MS may prove to be too big a match for it but worth a shot!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up