Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Hurricane  (Read 160 times)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
The Hurricane
« on: September 11, 2018, 06:39:18 am »

I hope all our members in the path of this storm are and stay safe.  Watching the news even in land and up into VA, W.VA, Maryland and parts of PA are going to get hit.

kc I thought of you immediately. 
Thoughts for all the people in the path of this storm.  They just announced it could be a Cat 5 when it hits. 
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

kckc

Re: The Hurricane
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 09:08:24 am »

It's really terrifying... thank goodness the part of NC I'm in will not get the brunt (hopefully).  They keep talking about the path following where Hugo went some 20 odd years ago.  I wasn't here then but the destruction was horrendous.  Apparently this storm is not traveling as fast or something ...but in one forecast they were calling for us to get a foot of water and high winds.  Then another said it was moving more N so we'd get less.   I guess we'll find out.   So many people evacuating NC and SC coast areas... I just hope they provide for their animals.   The aftermath when they don't is horrific.
NC

kckc

NC

kckc

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 12:18:40 pm »

NC

oncidium

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 03:30:27 pm »

I have a mesh fenced 3-4a grass pasture available if anybody needs to evacuate their horses. Located in Athens Alabama.

O

kckc

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 03:30:32 pm »

this jumped out at me from one of the zillion Florence reports....   
The tropical cyclone is expected to unload 10 trillion gallons of rainfall in North Carolina, weather.us meteorologist Ryan Maue said.
NC

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 06:33:11 am »

I am hoping anyone and everyone in the path of this storm is safe.  It does not look good on tv up here in new England.
Mass is dealing with a UGE mess with many houses that exploded in flames, 3 towns are evacuated, and the Columbia gas company has a total mess on its hands.  there has been at least one death with a bunch of folks in the hospital.  At one point there were so many homes on fire the fire fighters could not get to them.  The shots out of the 3 towns are terrible.

So, all I can hope for is that everyone stay safe.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island
Pages: [1]   Go Up