Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boarding foR horses coming out of California  (Read 112 times)

KysaSD

• Administrator
Boarding foR horses coming out of California
« on: November 12, 2018, 10:17:38 am »

I have a young trainer friend fleeing California.  She has an LQ trailer and 6 horses.  2 are hers, 4 are client horses she is training.  She left yesterday, And just crossed into Utah.  I have told her if need be, she can come all the way here.  I have room for her horses, hay is available to buy, and I can plug-in her trailer.  But this is a ridiculous far away place to land.  It would make so much more sense for her to land in Utah or Colorado.  She needs a turnout for 6 horses, even just a round pen would be fine.  She needs to plug in her trailer, and have hay available to buy. 

If anyone knows a place she would possibly land,  I will get the info to her.  This is her second evacuation in 18 months, and she possibly will never go back.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

Walkin45

Re: Boarding foR horses coming out of California
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 10:57:48 am »

Check the endurance sets on Facebook . Prayers

kckc

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 12:48:55 pm »

there are several groups on facebook 
Emergency livestock roadside assistance/help
cowboy911
I can post on the first one and can join the second if I can help in some way
NC

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 05:42:36 pm »

Well, she made it to Colorado Horse Park, and is there for now.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

PAWalker

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 04:29:20 am »

Even if nobody on http://horsemotel.com.  can accommodate her, they might know someone who can.

Prayers and good wishes to her :)

kckc

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 02:06:47 pm »

saw this posted today...

Michelle Daley Meurer‎

to

Butte County Fires, Accidents, Crimes (BCFAC)
November 10 at 6:28 PM
Hello
I am in Beckwourth, Ca I have 80 acres. I can take horses, sheep, goats etc. my property is completely cross fenced. I have goats, horses, and cows they are welcome to hang out with my animals. I will feed, love and care for them. 530-414-5448. I have a trailer if you need me to haul let me know. I'm happy to help.
Anyone who reads this please make it shareable or copy and paste it onto any page you have access to I don't know how to put out fires but I love animals and I know how to take care of them and I'm more than willing to do that for anyone who needs it.
My heart goes out to everyone who is dealing with this tragedy.
NC

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 02:43:35 pm »

She is safe in Colorado.  She owned her property, but this is the second time in 18 months it has burned...she is not going back.  Colorado would not be a bad place to land, but she will probably be looking to move permanently.  All she has left is hr truck, trailer, and whatever she could get in the trailer.  No horses died, at least not hers.  Yeah I would be discouraged.

PAWalker

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 05:01:56 am »

Great news she got out safely:)

Having lived in SoCal for five years and never un-hooked my truck from my trailer thanks to fires, I will take the risk of tornadoes any day.

I am so distressed for every person and critter in California that I have not been able to watch them go up in flames since the round of fires before this one.  It is physically sickening.

I have strong faith and the best I can do is pray for everyone to lean on their Faith and to hold onto their strength and endurance for however long they need.

I have never lost property but I have lost immediate family members, so I know what endurance means in this instance.

I hope this person has some decent insurance so she is able to make a dent at starting over:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up