Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fencing  (Read 164 times)

KysaSD

• Administrator
Fencing
« on: July 20, 2018, 04:31:21 pm »

Give me some options.  For a horse with shoes.

This is for a boarding horse, and honestly, I would rather just ask them to leave.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

PAWalker

Re: Fencing
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 05:18:23 pm »

Three strands of barbless cable with the top strand electric.   

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/barbless-cable

This is 12 gauge. ^^^^ I've used this a lot without issue but, horses being the suicidali critters they are, if there's a way to kill themselves on any type of fence they will.

I!HO, this is the cheapest, sturdiest, and safest option ---- especially if this boarder is temporary and you want to take the fence down at some point.  I put yellow police tape strips on the top strand so the horses can see it easily.

90% of my fencing is 4" woven wire but this is what I use in some areas and for temporary areas:)

ClaudiaIN

• CQ Equine Gifts.Facebook.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 08:39:31 pm »

Electrobraid.  Love it. Easy to install, poles can be far apart.  Hopes up well
see my website @ www.CQEquine.com

And on Facebook.   Www.Facebook.com/CQEquine

Little Freckles

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 09:19:42 pm »

I think I would ask them to leave- or pay for the fencing and installation.  I have Electrobraid white rope fencing and I love it.
Susan, close to Springfield, IL

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 06:02:56 am »

After the 18 year old owner was rude to me in front of horse motel customers last night, I wrote to her father and said....their horse must be gone by September 1.  I have put up with more garbage than I can write about.  Of course, I don’t know anything about barrel horses, apparently they are a completely different species.
I cannot believe I even contemplated building a separate space for their horse.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 07:49:14 am »

Pretty sure the horses are same as other horses, but too often the barrel racers are a whole 'nother matter.  I'm surprised you allowed that much leeway.....  One reason we don't board here.
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

Little Freckles

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 08:13:59 am »

Good for you!  That is the biggest reason I won't board horses for others.  My place, my rules and I don't take crap from anyone-don't care if you think you are royalty, I won't take your crap. 
Susan, close to Springfield, IL

PAWalker

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 09:55:15 am »

Good for you!  That is the biggest reason I won't board horses for others.  My place, my rules and I don't take crap from anyone-don't care if you think you are royalty, I won't take your crap.

^^^^Ditto all of that.

Glad fence won't be an issue after all.

kckc

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 10:11:20 am »

can I ask about the father's response?   And long ago, I wanted to board.  Even started building my barn in preparation for boarding, doing training (ha!) and now I realize it's a good thing I didn't.   Wow, me as a boarding owners... those that know me are probably gasping at the thought  :-)
NC

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 11:35:15 am »

The father read the e-mail, but has not responded.  He will likely plead to stay here.  But I am just done.
I never intended to have boarders.  I do have another one...a professional trainer.  She and I see eye to eye on 98% of all horse things.  Plus, as an adult, Lindsay would never dream of being rude in front of my customers.

vruste

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 08:12:31 am »

Good for you, you've put up with enough from that boarder and you can use the space for your own and for Lindsay's horses.  Barrel horses are no more special, precious or different than any other horse.  She as the boarder should be asking if SHE Can put up electric to keep her horse out of YOUR fence if he is sticking his feet where they don't belong.   IMO, and as one who boarded horses (up to 10 at a time) for quite a few years, the boarder does not demand accomodations....they take or leave what is available.  And yes, as a boarder I did put up electric in a STALL because I had a horse that was eating wood so bad she was destroying their barn.  With permission of course.  I took responsibility to correct my horse's behavior and protect the barn owners property.

oncidium

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 10:33:23 am »

Little Freckles yup!

Kysa if you said sept 1 then stick to it.

For problem horses nothing beats pipe corral fencing. 

O

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 06:01:28 pm »

For problem horses nothing beats pipe corral fencing. 

O

I am sure this is true...and a years worth of board payments would cover half of it!  Not happening.
I am actually glad things came to a head.  This has needed to happen for three years now.

oncidium

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2018, 06:01:23 am »

You could also do re-bar fencing also. 

In many show type barns I have seen cinder block walls.  This also extended to the runs.  They put cinder block up about 3-4 feet then chain link.  Keeps most all horses from kicking stall walls, also fighting in a run.  Or pulling shoes, etc.  Cinder block is reuseable, and re-bar is also when the problem leaves. 

Sept 1 is coming close.  Are they leaving Kysa?

O

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2018, 06:49:25 am »

Already left.  I could sa much more but will err on the side of polite.....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up