Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Needle in a woods behind my house  (Read 87 times)

JMR - Scout and Cisco

Needle in a woods behind my house
« on: July 15, 2018, 06:40:08 pm »

I had my Boxer tied on a lunge line that I use to tie her up when we are busy and can't keep our eyes on her while she is playing out side.  Most of the time we walk her on a lunge line or if we are working outside where we can watch her constantly, we tie her on a lunge line.  Well she was tied out while I was working on weeds and such, and she got the lead over her head and off her back.  So, when I checked on her, she  was gone.  I called and called for about 5 min. when her and Kandi came out from the woods behind our land.  Kandi had taken off her new suit we had just bought her.  We had walked around there a some but couldn't find her new coat.  It was a nice one that when she pulled out of it over her head by bracing her self and backed out moving it over her head.  I was glad she didn't get chocked or hurt, but I was mad because the coat was brand knew and she lost it already. 

So, Steve and I finally took a walk out there again looking for it but could not find it on the trail or around the the bushes.   Then we walked down onto the dirt road heading towards home and Steve  found it hooked on a log just up on the little hill  about 20 ft.  off the road.  So, we are trying it again, making it a little tighter and watching her closer when she is out side on her lunge line.

Jeanne

riding the sun

Re: Needle in a woods behind my house
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 06:37:52 pm »

Sounds scary!  Glad she came home.  Can you use a harness instead?
My favorite trail is the next one
Pages: [1]   Go Up