Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Ride at Big South Fork  (Read 200 times)

caglover

First Ride at Big South Fork
« on: June 05, 2018, 05:05:13 pm »

We are staying at Laurel Fork Rustic Retreat. 
We rode out of "camp" on the Yellow Cliff Trail to the Fork Ridge then onto the Salt Pine Trail to get back to the cabin.

Ohio has nothing like this!

I missed the first 1.5 miles...

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: First Ride at Big South Fork
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 08:32:41 pm »

The rock on the trails is a lot like Shawnee.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

ahmenti

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 12:11:59 pm »

I love BSF.  We will be going in the fall.  I try to go every other year.  It's 5 1/2 hour drive for me.

My favorite place.

Kim

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 06:55:52 am »

We have been there a couple of times also.  It has been a while, but maybe on our next fall vacation coming up, we will get that direction again also.

Jeanne

caglover

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 07:01:42 am »

We are already talling about going back next year

The place we stayed we very nice!

https://www.laurelfork.com/

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 02:19:47 pm »

I am envious of getting to ride there. We have been there several times and love it there.  But this fall our vacation will all be in PA.  My husband was not proactive about getting the truck looked at in time before our vacation.  It has something that must be loose that makes the truck a bing noise when we go down a slope in the road.  I wanted to get it fixed before we left for vacation, but the local guy was too busy to get us in before we leave.  This problem has been going on for a long while now, and of course my husband waits till the last minute to decide we should have it looked at.  So, his way of fixing a thing like this is to put it continue driving it and put it off till we get home.  I hate to say only a typical man would do something like this and put it off like Steve is.  So......We will have to deal with that when we get home. If nothing happens to make us have to get the truck fixed. I will take extra money with me just in case it has to be serviced while we are gone.  But it has been doing this for a long, time now, so I guess if it was only making the light come on and binging at us all this time, it will just keep binging again on a trip. And we have friends going with us also. 

Jeanne

ponymare

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 10:16:41 am »

We stayed at Laurel Fork last year with family and no horses. Beautiful cabin and setting. Stable looked good but last person hadn't cleaned up well.  :-\ Guess that's not included in their cleaning fee. We love Big South Fork  so much we bought property there in 2014. Starting to hike as well as ride there. My Happy Place! JMR, hope your truck makes your trip okay. Been there, don't enjoy that!

Walkin45

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 04:51:40 am »

I’ve been several times. It’s 4-5 hours from me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up