Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roomba Vacuum  (Read 211 times)

ponymare

Roomba Vacuum
« on: April 30, 2018, 02:59:42 pm »

Or any type robotic vacuum cleaner.  What do you have and how do you like it? GO!

Since we moved the sofa out of the walkway, it has little J├Ąger fluff balls floating along the baseboards.  I need a vacuum that works when I don't want to!  ;D

kckc

Re: Roomba Vacuum
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 05:51:29 pm »

I have had multiple roomba's and now I have a different brand - will have to look up the name.... LOVE THEM.   I will say the roomba's tend to go insane at about a year and a half - sometimes a good cleaning fixes them sometimes not.   If you have dog hair the brushes accumulate a lot of it but they have one specifically made for dog hair which I haven't tried.  The batteries aren't cheap and last a year or better.  There are specific instructions on those (like don't leave in the machine for days on end without charging or something like that). 
   You sort of have to be ready for one of these.   No rugs with tassles, no drapes that drag the floor, no cords laying where they will drive and turn on them.   The fill up basket is not very big and needs cleaned out depending on how often you use or how much it picks up.  And there's a little filter that needs cleaned a bit. 
I cannot remember the brand I returned which quit working well soon after I got it; I'll try to find that name again. 
If you can get one that can be returned it would give you a chance to try it for a few days.  For some reason it gives me great satisfaction to see it vacuuming while I sit on the couch... with the vacuum remote... 
NC

ponymare

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 03:15:38 pm »

;D I hope that I will be entertained, as well! 

I think we're good on main rooms. No curtains, only valances, and no rugs with tassels.  I'll have to check and see if there are any cords on the floor.

Thanks for the info.
 :)

ponymare

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 01:15:52 pm »

No one else has a favorite brand?

kckc

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 09:58:39 am »

the one I'm using now is a neato - it was on sale hence my trial of it.   It doesn't return to home base as reliably which is not a big deal for me but it also seems to have stopped telling me when the basket is full and needs dumped - still not a big deal for me but if you tend to forget the sweeper then without it stopping to tell you its full it keeps on sweeping and has nowhere to put the debris. 
NC

ponymare

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 11:31:42 am »

I'll check with my friends in TN. They both have one and I will see which ones they have.  :)

fargos handmaiden

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 08:14:04 am »

We have one, now collecting dust in the basement. Cannot remember brand except it was one that got.the better reviews on Amazon. Major disappointment for us. Did not work worth a hoot in our camper.living room/kitchen.

ponymare

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 03:53:23 pm »

:-\

Winona

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 06:59:14 pm »

I have an older Roomba which has been working great for about 3 years. I did change the filter and battery in the past year. It works well and we have 3 cats and a Sheltie. You need to empty the basket and clean out the roller-same as any vacuum. It vacuumed as well as my shark for the most part. Just can't go under desks, etc. My kids do that!
Jodi, Northern NY, Paso Fino/Icelandic/Mini

MyBoyG

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 06:23:40 pm »

I can't give up my vacuum, I need all the exercise I can get!

Horsemanship, the wonderful never ending journey of learning!   Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it.  Autograph your work with excellence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up