Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Me..yes me and Jex.  (Read 144 times)

melissah

Me..yes me and Jex.
« on: April 29, 2018, 11:53:54 am »

So lots remember Amante my 17 year old Peruvian stallion I got for free,gelded him and for 5 years taught me everything. Lost him to DSLD when he was 23. I moved on to "more horse" It was time. My Dunalino MFT Mare. I taught that horse a lot as she was not confident so I had to be who she turned.
Two years later I would sell her due to my onset of RA. I was not the same person.

So I started looking for a gaited gelding and due to planets, stars etc all in line. Jex was found. My unregistered TWH, Sire was a TWH and Dam a Racking horse. He came a little abused by possibly being hit in head and ear twisted.Now we been together a little over 2 years. He can be good as gold and sometimes he's a challenge. That's what I need.

So we started doing extreme obstacles, which we never did. That's when I found out Jex loved cattle. And I did too. He trusted me like never before. Now to find in Missouri' Here are pics from last one.

Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

Laurie

Re: Me..yes me and Jex.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 12:10:51 pm »

You two look great and Jex looks like he really enjoys the obstacles!  Love the colorful headgear and reins too 8)  I am sure you will find ways to work cows in Misouri.....there are lots of team penning groups down here and I bet there are up there too.  Fun way to compete.

melissah

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 12:16:56 pm »

You two look great and Jex looks like he really enjoys the obstacles!  Love the colorful headgear and reins too 8)  I am sure you will find ways to work cows in Misouri.....there are lots of team penning groups down here and I bet there are up there too.  Fun way to compete.

Thanks. I know lots of cows. Our realtor does it so I have a connection already. Jex REALLY loves it. I wonder if him being the alpha and moving our 2 has anything to do with the excitement  of sorting.
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

Walkin45

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 04:16:59 pm »

Well, ain't that cool!!!

Laurie

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 04:35:02 pm »

Melissa, I wonder if his previous owners worked him on cows, or if he was pastured with them or near some. Just be glad he's not scared of them!  I never thought about a horse being scared of cows until one of mine just about jumped out from under me when we were riding down a farm road next to a pasture with cows in it and  they turned and came towards us.....freaked my gelding out!

Sounds like you will have fun with him.

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 05:54:27 pm »

Totally amazing!  I think that maybe we first crossed paths over on GoG?  Because I remember your stories about Dubie.  You & Jex are wonderful together!
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 05:47:26 am »

Will you be anywhere near Ava, Missouri? If so, I know someone you might contact that raises and trains ranch Foxtrotters. He works them with cattle on his ranch. Nice guy and very knowledgeable.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Legs, MFT, 1999   Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

melissah

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 07:30:47 am »

Well, ain't that cool!!!

I really loved how much he enjoyed the cows. He picked on that fast. Can't wait to move to MO. Lots that there.

melissah

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 07:31:28 am »

Well, ain't that cool!!!

It SO was!

melissah

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 07:36:11 am »

Melissa, I wonder if his previous owners worked him on cows, or if he was pastured with them or near some. Just be glad he's not scared of them!  I never thought about a horse being scared of cows until one of mine just about jumped out from under me when we were riding down a farm road next to a pasture with cows in it and  they turned and came towards us.....freaked my gelding out!

Sounds like you will have fun with him.

As far as i know he hadn't. His previous owner trailed but hadn't in a while due to kids getting out of horses. She a Polo mom. Before her the owner had him born as his personal horse. He was a big lick trainer AKA the abuse Jex endured. He's growing trust in me is unwaveringly .

melissah

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 07:41:13 am »

Totally amazing!  I think that maybe we first crossed paths over on GoG?  Because I remember your stories about Dubie.  You & Jex are wonderful together!

Jex is finally THAT horse. I took him out alone last. It was windy as all get out but we cowgirled it.

melissah

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 07:42:21 am »

Will you be anywhere near Ava, Missouri? If so, I know someone you might contact that raises and trains ranch Foxtrotters. He works them with cattle on his ranch. Nice guy and very knowledgeable.

Close enough, sorta. I'll be in Greenfield.

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 02:55:53 pm »

You might someday check out Cecil Huff @ Bucks and Spurs. He has a dude ranch, but mostly trains and shows ranch-trained MFT horses.

Buck and Spurs

Cecil is a well known trainer in Missouri. Nice guy.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Legs, MFT, 1999   Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

melissah

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2018, 07:02:36 pm »

You might someday check out Cecil Huff @ Bucks and Spurs. He has a dude ranch, but mostly trains and shows ranch-trained MFT horses.

Buck and Spurs

Cecil is a well known trainer in Missouri. Nice guy.

thanks

2gaits

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2018, 09:12:48 am »

This is great to see. You make a good team and jex looks great. Really filled out and muscled up. Love the pictures.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up