Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I made the local paper  (Read 184 times)

Raylin

• "If you only knew what your horses thought of you!"
  • Global Moderator
I made the local paper
« on: April 27, 2018, 05:15:55 am »

This happened Tuesday on my way to pick up the kids at the end of the day.

Raylin

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
Re: I made the local paper
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 05:46:37 am »

OH NO, Raylin, are you OK??
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

Kalli

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 09:52:24 am »

Thankfully you’re ok!  That road and the bank on the side looked slippery.

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 05:15:29 pm »

Sounds like you are okay from the other posts on here .  I can't read the article, were you driving the bus?
MJ

oncidium

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 05:37:22 am »

Be safe!  Glad you are ok.

O

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 07:57:42 am »

I hate that this happened, especially so soon in your career. I've only caught bits and pieces on FB, so please forgive my questions if they've already been answered.

Has your boss been understanding about this? And law enforcement for that matter...Did this have to be investigated or did they  come to the logical conclusion, that a front tire dropped off and the bus got sucked into the soft ground?

I know they build roads like this in southern states, but didn't realize OH also feels berms are unnecessary. I suppose it saves a lot of money not to build and maintain solid road berms. In PA, every little blacktop has a least a couple feet of berm and they maintain them once or twice a year and as needed if they get washed out.

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 06:06:57 pm »

I am okay sore. Yes I was driving the bus & I still have my job.

The Bus Supervisor has been great through this whole ordeal. This is his 1st major accident since he has been in this position.

It was raining pretty good that day, Yep I dropped off the edge of the road & it sucked me in. I just had to completely ride the thing out.

The state Patrol was a little bit of a prick but was ok by the end of the deal. had to go to ER & do the drug test & breathalyzer.

I got it failure to control with a 135 fine.

I went out Friday & drove the route & past where I wrecked.

Tomorrow will be my 1st day with students on, my supervisor is coming out & riding with me in the morning. He is confindent I will be fine but to be one to cover bases & answer any questions to his boss or the public he is riding with me.

While I have been gone one kid has been kicked off & 3 others including him has been written up. ( Not an easy bunch of kids)

I have a horrible habit of riding the white line & anyone who has been on my road knows how curvy it can be. ( mile from the house this happened)

I an sure I will be white Knuckling.

Raylin

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 04:03:09 am »

I am glad it was not worse.  Hang tough I know you can do it.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

Walkin45

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 06:21:56 am »

Ray, I didn't know you were driving a bus. I do to. Love my job but don't like kids.

ponymare

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 02:10:54 pm »

When I was pregnant with my oldest, we lived on a terrible gravel road where all the gravel was in the center of the road, and a ditch bank on either side. I was going to work and met a school bus in the curve of the road. Both of us were in the middle so as to be on the gravel.  I stopped and he didn't. Slid right into my windshield (it felt like) as I was sitting there watching him come. I told my husband it was like that airplane movie where the plane comes IN to the control tower!

I didn't get a ticket and I don't believe the bus driver did.  We had nowhere to go but a high bank on one side and a ravine on the other. I guess my little Isuzu Trooper kept me safe.

My ribs were a little sore, but I wasn't hurt and none of the kids were. But I will NEVER forget seeing that big yellow school bus coming towards me!

So glad you are okay!

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 10:36:12 am »

Ray, I didn't know you were driving a bus. I do to. Love my job but don't like kids.

Yep been driving since end of March, Not a real good paying job barely over min wage. The boys' driver is off for surgery so I got my cdl to cover her while she was off. I have some good kids compared to other routes. There are a few bad eggs in there.

Raylin
Pages: [1]   Go Up