Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: saddle seat for kids  (Read 108 times)

kckc

saddle seat for kids
« on: April 24, 2018, 06:59:43 am »

saw this and thought I'd share    www.saddlesidekicks.com
NC

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: saddle seat for kids
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 07:33:25 am »

I want feedback on this, from the standpoint of parents and grandparents.  I would consider becoming a dealer.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

PAWalker

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 10:53:06 am »

I wouldn't use that, if someone gave it to me.  It does not look safe to me.

IMO, the child needs to be big enough to sit on a child's saddle to sit by themselves.

My son was eight when I bought him a new saddle from American Pony.   It was a good saddle made of American leather, that enabled him to  ride my Arab/Saddlebred.

My review is a thumbs down from a safety standpoint.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 03:46:29 pm »

I agree with PAWalker.  It does not look safe to me.  JMO
I prefer to put the kids in a kids saddle. 
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 07:01:51 pm »

Well, I like it and, in fact, already have one!  A couple of years ago our grandson was too small for any of our saddles and we wanted to pony him around our yard. Instead of investing in a small saddle that he would soon outgrow, and given that he would only be doing this occasionally, this made a lot of sense to us.

My grandson loved it! It fit him well and he liked having his own saddle (in his eyes)! I did not find it to be dangerous. Now, we were not on a trail and he was riding with my wife at his side. For our purposes, this was and is a good solution.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

Iceangel

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 07:52:38 am »

You can find childrens saddles fairly reasonable but I don't see anything dangerous with this. Although its sometimes hard to find a childs saddle to fit a big wide horse except not much weight in the saddle to hurt the horse to much.  Its the horse that will be the main deciding factor if dangerous.  You put this on a good safe horse and it will work great.

Pages: [1]   Go Up