Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My New Kitchen  (Read 195 times)

oncidium

My New Kitchen
« on: April 22, 2018, 08:25:42 am »

This is my new kitchen.  I haven't cooked in it yet!  Goes with the new house we are building.  We should be moving in next week.  It has been a long journey the past year and a half.  We bought property last Oct.  Building started in Nov.  We will live here for retirement.  Things in life come up, and you have to make adjustments.  And - my husband and I did.  No barn yet (in a month or two I hope) but have a very very nice solid oak with metal roof shelter for the horse and she likes it alot, and is very happy especially since it is pouring rain today.  Fencing is a work in progress, but coming along nicely.  Never ever have I lived in a new house.  Nor built one. 

O, trying to decide what to cook first on my stove, and bake first in my oven.  I have a couple ideas though.  Maybe.  Ideas are welcome.

Don’t let the fear of what could happen make nothing happen. 

There are no mistakes in your world.  Bob Ross – The Joy of Painting
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents. Bob Ross – The Joy of Painting

GloriousJourney

Re: My New Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 08:47:32 am »

WOW!!! LOVE your new kitchen, it's gorgeous. I especially love the quartz. Great job, how exciting. I am beginning a new build myself, slab to be poured tomorrow...and so it begins.
Depending on weather you are a baker or not, fresh bread or brownies would be great in the oven, or a roasted chicken. On the stove...maybe a pot of homemade soup? First dishes that speak of "Home"
Lesley in Jupiter

melissah

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 09:41:34 am »

Beautiful. I love the white.
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 10:37:24 am »

WOW!! I must keep these pictures from my wife or they will cost me plenty! LOVE you new kitchen!
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 12:15:24 pm »

Very nice!

oncidium

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 01:04:50 pm »

Glorious Journey: yes, I have been thinking of baking bread.  Here in the rental the chlorine is so strong it kills the yeast.  I figured that out via internet search.  If I baked bread I had to use bottled water that had none in it.  So haven't really baked much bread.  Might do chicken and dumplings on my new stove.  Thinking still.  I am all things cook, baker, etc.  Even puff pastry, and bagels I have made.  It was good, and easy, but easy to buy these days.  We put a whole house water filter in like our last house.  So no more chlorine!  My skin will be much much less dry. 

We came from the traditional dark red cherry cabinets and a basic busy brown lesser priced quartz (which is what we could afford 10 plus years ago) kitchen. The whole house had those cabinets except for one bathroom.   I always had light issues, as in not enough with the darker cabinets.  My goal was light, bright, clean, and most importantly - very functional.  The island was originally to be Dove Grey.  But there was a mix up, and I am very happy it was a mix up, it is white as you can see.  The other cabinets in the house are Dove Grey.  The subway tile back splash is not up yet. 

NoBite, a little makeover is a good thing.  Adds value to a property. 

Many colors of white paint out there. 

Thanks for the feedback.  Hope to move in this next week end.  I will be finally taking a bath in my tub right away.  Haven't had a "bath" in 18 months.

O

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 05:01:10 pm »

Great kitchen!  Did you design it?   Let me know what time the chicken and dumplings will be ready, I am already drooling. :)
MJ

oncidium

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 05:43:22 pm »

Yes, my design on cabinets, countertops, and appliances, flooring.  I am not at all artsy btw.  Pretty basic.  White.  ha ha.  Not a fan of stainless, but due to color of oven, cook top, I did a stainless fridge, and microwave well that was pretty much all they had these days.  Fridges come and go, so maybe white or black next time. 

I found some kitchens I liked and mixed them together.  Or rather took features I liked of them.  I could have done way more.  $ kept me in check. 

Main goal was USE of kitchen.  I wanted it VERY functional.   I will put a piece of glass behind the cooktop to keep it easy to clean. 

http://www.subzero-wolf.com/inspiration/kitchens/the-real-chefs-kitchen

http://www.subzero-wolf.com/inspiration/kitchens/doll-residence

http://www.subzero-wolf.com/inspiration/kitchens/cheerful-disposition

http://www.subzero-wolf.com/inspiration/kitchens/boyse-residence

And a couple few others. 

BTW we have 10' ceilings everywhere, and a 12' in the dining room.  Makes the rooms look larger and more airy.  Will have to buy a new ladder I am thinking.   ;D 

Edited to add:  The above kitchens I believe were remodels.  We built a certain style house, and the kitchen was located where it is, so had to make it work.  Craftsman, all one floor.  The island is all one piece no seams of quartz.  I had the island made so it would fit a one piece of quartz.  I wanted to do a waterfall effect down the sides, but decided not, due to $.  So pretty it is the waterfall effect.

O
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 05:56:07 am by oncidium »

Laurie

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 07:16:07 pm »

OK....I'm jealous! Love your kitchen! :)

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 06:24:21 am »

It appears you have a gas range. Correct? This is something Loretta is adamant about when (I'm afraid "if" left the station) we do our kitchen make-over.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

kckc

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 07:17:48 am »

gosh onci that is gorgeous .... congratulations !!
NC

misstux

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 08:17:30 am »

Love your new kitchen

ahmenti

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 08:52:23 am »

OMG, that is beautiful!!  I really love it!  Anything you cook is going to be wonderful!

Kim

ponymare

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 03:29:45 pm »

Awesome!  I know you must be really excited to get started cooking in such a beautiful kitchen.  Hats off to you!

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 03:57:08 pm »

Those links are interesting.  Being vertically challenged  ;)  I have to wonder how does one get anything out or even in the upper shelves of the cupboards and cabinets??   I would seriously need a ladder to use any of that space.
MJ
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up