Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our new home in Missouri  (Read 303 times)

melissah

Re: Our new home in Missouri
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2018, 09:00:27 am »

Congratulations on your new house Melissa!  I am looking forward to reading all about your remodel & seeing pics.

Thanks! You definitely will see. I like to keep my journal up to date.
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

melissah

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2018, 09:01:06 am »

how wonderful !  congratulations...

Thanks.  :)
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

melissah

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2018, 09:07:10 am »

I really like it! The house is nicely proportioned and reminds me a little of Grant Woods' "American Gothic". Love the eat-in kitchen! It's already the perfect farmhouse kitchen, you just need one of those wonderful sinks!

Congratulations!

Thanks. Yeah it does remind me of that house. It really needs a lot of work but small stuff. Then it needs paint, upstairs I was voted no for keeping the hardwood floors. So we will carpet. And the home inspection gave us everything that needs repair. Noting major. It's livable and that was all that mattered. SINK? Are you talking about those huge all in one sinks? I did read they all had them for the farmhouse because so many things were done from dishes to plucking chickens and washing babies. Now it has this avocado green sink.

melissah

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2018, 09:13:57 am »

Congrats.How much property did you get?You are bringing the horses right?Is the barn set up for them?Look at me, I'm setting up for the horses.....the house can be next ;D ;D
You will have so much fun getting things the way you want them.....enjoy your new home and hope you love it there.

Oh the horses are a priority. Our realtor will keep our horses for us until we get them setup. I been shopping online or researching their styles. Pole barns or loafing sheds. Hannah and I will get the barn ready, maybe even have a contractor look at it to see how it is. There is a huge area already that is fenced in and we were thinking of putting a pole barn or loafing shed on it. Thank God for our realtor as he offered his place while we're creating our horse space.

Thanks  :)

melissah

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2018, 09:20:27 am »

I agree with Cyd.  Cute little farmhouse, and lots of potential.  I know it came with plenty of pasture for the horses, too.  Major bonus!
How far is this from Kansas City?  I know you flew in and out of there.  I occasionally camp just south of Kansas City at Hillsdale.  So maybe you are close enough we can meet up sometime.

Thanks Kysa. Yep, it is 15 acres which may not be a lot to many but compared to CA horse keeping it will be paradise for them. Yes, great pasture and the property is already fenced. There's a upper and lower pasture. He has his daughters horses on the upper. In the future we are thinking of a couple of cows for the lower pasture for extra income. I never seen so many cows.  :)

We are about 3 hours from Kansas City and I have a great cousin in Raymore. I don't mind driving. My brother is 8 hours away. I would love to meet up one day. I will drive anywhere.

melissah

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2018, 09:31:11 am »

When do YA'LL move in?  ;)

When will the horses be coming?  Which horses will you be bringing?

O

Escrow closes May 14. As soon as it closes we are putting our house on the market and houses in our area are a niche. It's Northview Estates which is a equine community which has 1 acre each. Houses have been going up for sale and fly off the market. Ours is the only one that has horse facilities. Once our house sells and closes we are gone.

Horses will come up the one and only trip we make and left at the realtors ranch. All 3e will be coming.

melissah

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2018, 09:44:44 am »

the kitchen now. The owner painted some parts blue. Hannah & David like it. I can compromise if it's all painted by a professional or a handyman with a sprayer.

Walkin45

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2018, 09:50:30 am »

Wish I had an avacado green sink.

melissah

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2018, 09:57:06 am »

Wish I had an avacado green sink.

Betcha you can find one or you can have ours :)

Laurie

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2018, 11:47:06 am »

How cute!  I love the look of the house and what fun you will have remodeling it :)    I agree with Oncidium about the ramp......if you remove it keep it for the future.  You absolutely never know when you will need a wheelchair ramp.  I need one now for getting my mother into my house when she comes to visit.  For the past year, we have not had her over because we can't figure out how to get her in the house if she can't walk up the 4 steps into the house. We have not had the extra money to build one right now.....If I ever move or remodel......I will make sure my house is one level and wheelchair accessible..........not to mention the bathroom.........just some of the things we think about as we grow older :-\ :-\

But congratus on the the house.....15 acres is perfect!...It will give you plenty of pasture and not kill you to keep it mowed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 10:46:54 am by Laurie »

ponymare

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2018, 03:37:37 pm »

I'm down with the handicap accessible now!  I broke an ankle 20 years ago and could have used handicapped facilities. You're never too young.  ;D

Looks like a beautiful site and it has great bones! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

2gaits

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2018, 02:48:11 pm »

Oh wow! That's a huge move. I can't even imagine moving across town let alone out of state LOL. Hope you love it and enjoy the space.

oncidium

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2018, 05:41:08 am »

For a barn get a metal pole barn.  We have borer bees here and they make holes to lay eggs.  They bore into wood.  They are such a hassle.  I spray with fly spray or wasp spray.  Wood is pretty.  But metal can last a long time.  We line our stalls with plywood and boards so the horses do not kick thru, but I haven't had one do so.  Wood holds moisture also.

We are moving now and omg.  I am sore.  Today we hope to have all moved.  Just my husband and me moving stuff.  Everybody scattered to the wind when asked to help.  And to think I have helped so many move.   ::)  I know you are far, but if you need help I can help. 

O

melissah

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2018, 09:37:17 am »

Oh wow! That's a huge move. I can't even imagine moving across town let alone out of state LOL. Hope you love it and enjoy the space.

Laura,

I'm so excited. Never have I made A huge change of life. But I have a feeling this is what is planned for us. My intuition is always spot on. :)

melissah

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2018, 09:55:05 am »

For a barn get a metal pole barn.  We have borer bees here and they make holes to lay eggs.  They bore into wood.  They are such a hassle.  I spray with fly spray or wasp spray.  Wood is pretty.  But metal can last a long time.  We line our stalls with plywood and boards so the horses do not kick thru, but I haven't had one do so.  Wood holds moisture also.

We are moving now and omg.  I am sore.  Today we hope to have all moved.  Just my husband and me moving stuff.  Everybody scattered to the wind when asked to help.  And to think I have helped so many move.   ::)  I know you are far, but if you need help I can help. 

O

We already decided the carport way. All enclosed but wide enough to have 3 stalls and an overhang. All metal.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up