Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Our new home in Missouri  (Read 284 times)

melissah

Our new home in Missouri
« on: April 21, 2018, 10:51:03 am »

Well, we did it. We bought an 1890 Farmhouse, a fixer upper or in our case a renovation in the making. We looked at many houses but this one pulled at our heartstrings. It's a commitment. I am so ready. It will take time. All I been doing is looking up farmhouse kitchens, remodels etc. It closes escrow May 14 so wish us an easy closing. And that it does. Here are pics of our new home in Greenfield, MO.

Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

johneny

Re: Our new home in Missouri
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 11:21:33 am »

Congrats!
John, Southampton NY, TWH

Kalli

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 11:25:34 am »

How exciting!  It has definite country charm!  I always think of these older homes, that if a house like this could talk, oh what stories it could tell. Reminds me of my parents’ old farmhouse.

I’m so happy for you! 😊

melissah

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 12:02:06 pm »

Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

melissah

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 12:03:31 pm »

How exciting!  It has definite country charm!  I always think of these older homes, that if a house like this could talk, oh what stories it could tell. Reminds me of my parents’ old farmhouse.

I’m so happy for you! 😊

Thanks. I think like you do. Imagine what this house has seen. My husband and daughter are so funny. They both say its got to have ghosts. LOL Too funny. I will enjoy putting it together. Lots of Youtube.

oncidium

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 12:25:45 pm »

Congrats. 

Love the smoker.  House is adorable.  I do like the kitchen quite a bit.  I see there is a ramp already for the horses to get on the front porch.  If you choose to remove it don't tear it up.  Use for practice for the horses to go across.  Welcome to the South! 

O

Life is short, and it is here to be lived.  Kate Winslet

Walkin45

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 01:57:03 pm »

No heat or hot water !!! House is cool!!

misstux

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 03:48:53 pm »

Congratulations on your new house Melissa!  I am looking forward to reading all about your remodel & seeing pics.

kckc

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 05:34:49 pm »

how wonderful !  congratulations...
NC

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 04:19:33 am »

I really like it! The house is nicely proportioned and reminds me a little of Grant Woods' "American Gothic". Love the eat-in kitchen! It's already the perfect farmhouse kitchen, you just need one of those wonderful sinks!

Congratulations!

KAB

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 05:52:05 am »

Congrats.How much property did you get?You are bringing the horses right?Is the barn set up for them?Look at me, I'm setting up for the horses.....the house can be next ;D ;D
You will have so much fun getting things the way you want them.....enjoy your new home and hope you love it there.
Kathy South Florida, Paso Fino lover

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 06:27:38 am »

I agree with Cyd.  Cute little farmhouse, and lots of potential.  I know it came with plenty of pasture for the horses, too.  Major bonus!
How far is this from Kansas City?  I know you flew in and out of there.  I occasionally camp just south of Kansas City at Hillsdale.  So maybe you are close enough we can meet up sometime.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

oncidium

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 07:52:35 am »

When do YA'LL move in?  ;)

When will the horses be coming?  Which horses will you be bringing?

O

melissah

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 08:57:25 am »

Congrats. 

Love the smoker.  House is adorable.  I do like the kitchen quite a bit.  I see there is a ramp already for the horses to get on the front porch.  If you choose to remove it don't tear it up.  Use for practice for the horses to go across.  Welcome to the South! 

O

Life is short, and it is here to be lived.  Kate Winslet

Thanks! I LOVE the kitchen. I actually signed up to Pinterest to keep an electronic cork board. I always wondered what that site was all about. Now I know. I have one place I can "Pin"all the pics and ideas I love. Very cool. I've done a lot of research as well.

melissah

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 08:58:55 am »

No heat or hot water !!! House is cool!!

No heat or hot water? Thanks. Living in a house that age is a real commitment and I don't mind leaving some of the creature comforts behind.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up