Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mrs. Bush  (Read 71 times)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
Mrs. Bush
« on: April 17, 2018, 06:27:43 pm »

While I know we don't do political stuff on this board, I just got a news alert that Barbara Bush has passed.

I had the pleasure of meeting her up in Kennebunkport one summer a few years ago.  She was out on the beach walking her dogs as we were riding STBs out there.  I found her to be a really neat, fun, down to earth person.

Over the years I watched and enjoyed her even if I didn't always agree with her views.

I hope no one is offended by my posting this.  It is not in a political way at all, just remembering a really down to earth person who knew how to enjoy herself.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
Re: Mrs. Bush
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 05:07:42 am »

I also didn't agree w/ all of her POV's, but she demonstrated her commitment to our country over the years, and I observe her passing with sadness. 
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

Opal

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 05:13:08 am »

I pray for peace for her family in this time of loss.  She always conducted herself with grace and dignity. 

Kalli

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 10:17:39 am »

I feel the same way....I’m usually on the opposite side politically but I admired her. I remember reading negative comments regarding her aging appearance and she proudly stood up and owned it!  That took guts.  Always liked her after that. 

Media is not always kind to older women.  Men get gray and wrinkled and this adds character. Women are not perceived the same, we’re not supposed to show our age. Of course, that’s unrealistic. 

Sad to find out Mrs. Bush passed but what a blessing that she was able to choose to pass with dignity. I’m sorry for this loss more so for her husband. They were a partnership for so long he will truly miss her no matter how many family members try to fill that void. ☹️

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 12:48:52 pm »

They were married for 73 years!  I can only imagine how very difficult her passing must be for her family.
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

Pages: [1]   Go Up