Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Judi...these are for you!  (Read 125 times)

Karen

• Woodland Brittanys
Judi...these are for you!
« on: April 16, 2018, 06:56:11 am »

We went to a 1 day field trial on Saturday to judge, and John apprenticed so he can judge now.   This was the first trial Encore's been to since coming home from training, and my first ride on him since early November! 

Luckily we were judging the 2nd stake of the day, so had some time to ride a little before we HAD to ride.  The 1st brace of the morning I rode with Mariel & Crusty, it was short (10 minutes), and we turned around and rode back to the starting line.  About halfway there we heard galloping hooves coming up behind us...a horse without a rider!  I KNEW Encore was going to freak out and take off, but he didn't!  He hopped around a little, but settled quickly and rode back nice!

I spent another half hour on him, then put him up until we started judging at 11 a.m.  I have to tell you, he did EVERYTHING I asked him to do, calmly and willingly!!  He was just awesome all day long.  I judged 2 hours off of him, switched to Trav, judged another 2 hours (Mariel was kind enough to strip Encore down and stake him out for me), and then I saddled him back up and judged another 2 hours off of him. 

In all that time, he startled/spooked once when a person came running my him from behind while he was just standing, but it was just a flinch.  A year ago that would have send him into a tizzy. 

2018-04-16_08-35-41 by Karen Schramm, on Flickr

2018-04-16_08-36-43 by Karen Schramm, on Flickr

2018-04-16_08-36-25 by Karen Schramm, on Flickr

We do this again in 2 weeks.  I can't wait!!
Karen

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: Judi...these are for you!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 07:06:24 am »

Awesome...now you have a horse that can take over for Traveler.  And a pretty one at that!
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 03:42:19 pm »

Good job Encore!   You must be thrilled to see the change in Encore, I need to send Shiloh to that trainer!
MJ

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 01:46:11 pm »

Karen  I TOLD YOU!!!!  LOL.  It took some time but anything worth doing does.  As you know I have liked him from day one.  hee hee.

I'm jealous, I so enjoyed riding Trav with you guys last year in Conn.
Thank you so much for the post just for me.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island
Pages: [1]   Go Up