verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to keep aluminum from staining your "light parts"  (Read 113 times)

ponymare

how to keep aluminum from staining your "light parts"
« on: April 06, 2018, 02:49:27 pm »

So since we have a second aluminum trailer, and NOW it's affecting my Sunny bunny (haha) I'm wondering if any of you know how to keep from getting dark aluminum streaks on your horse behinds!  :o

We first noticed it with Gabe in the LQ trailer but we have fixed that problem by putting an inexpensive rug on the window behind him. We find that he leans on things and if we can keep something between him and the aluminum, he doesn't get "unsightly" marks. ;D

But I'm not sure where to put rugs in this new trailer to best benefit. 

Sunny hasn't ever gotten dark streaks before so now inquiring minds needs to know how to fix this. Or at least, what's good for cleaning the dark streaks from the white parts!  With so much chrome, "parts is parts" doesn't apply!

stablemind

• Administrator
Re: how to keep aluminum from staining your "light parts"
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 06:46:21 am »

I always unload Babe with a big gray patch on his hip. I've tried sealing the aluminum. I don't remember the product, but it didn't work. Hopefully somebody has a solution.

ponymare

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 02:11:42 pm »

Hopefully, someone out there has something that works!

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 05:07:16 pm »

I have an all aluminum slant load trailer.  Slants are padded and side and back walls are padded too.  I haven't had a problem,  but one horse is sorrel and the other is black.
MJ

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 10:47:26 am »

My trailer had aluminum skins and the previous owner had put up Stall mats on the sides.  Worked well. No marks.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island
Pages: [1]   Go Up