Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheryl about Missy  (Read 329 times)

ClaudiaIN

• CQ Equine Gifts.Facebook.com/
Cheryl about Missy
« on: April 02, 2018, 10:03:43 am »

JMR-- I forgot that I got a message back from Cheryls mom on Facebook-- she said

"Told Cheryl the news.  Claudia she was very excited and thanked you so much for letting her know...   Thank you, Thank you

she was grateful you let her know"

So-- Glad I could get a message to her ----

see my website @ www.CQEquine.com

And on Facebook.   Www.Facebook.com/CQEquine

riding the sun

Re: Cheryl about Missy
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 03:37:51 pm »

How nice!
My favorite trail is the next one

Raylin

• "If you only knew what your horses thought of you!"
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 04:07:12 pm »

AWESOME!!!

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 07:59:11 am »

Thank you for the news.  That brings a big smile to us.  I am going to see if Steve will take her to the PA Grand Canyon this Sat.  It is the Pine Creek Rail Trail we ride on.  The old tracks followed the bottom of the Canyon.  You ride down to the end and then come back the same way.  We always have lunch at the end where they have picnic tables and a bathroom.  I think it is a 16 mile round trip. 

Then we stop at Ansonia Inn for a couple of drinks with everyone.

Jeanne

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 12:37:57 pm »

Well, she didn't get to go to the PA Grand Canyon ride today.  Just too darn cold.  And our truck is waiting for a repair part to repair our pulling truck and I really think pulling even the stock trailer with the Nissan truck instead, is too much wear and tear on that truck.  If it was a short drive some where and the Dodge Ram is like it is now, in the shop for repair, I would use the Nissan.  But that is not a truck that is really made for pretty heavy loads hauling it around   I am waiting to hear from Beth Weaver to see how many people actually turned out.  It is about 1 1/2 hour drive both ways for us to trailer over there.  So, when the wind is whipping and only 32 degrees out, and our horses have not been ridden since last fall, I snuggle down into my nice toasty home that we heat with a wood stove, and wondering how many people actually showed up for the first club ride of the year.  I didn't!!  And I really was hoping for nice weather.

Jeanne

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 07:20:04 am »

We took Missy on a couple of rides now, and she is just fantastic.  We went to Elkins Creek in OH for a few days and then we went to Susquehannock State Forest on the way home from the little vacation trip. She has for sure now gained a for ever home with us.  Didn't want a mare in the group again, but she is really not a bad mare to have with the boys.  No where near how bad Ariel was with them.  She is a big girl though.  I could never be able to climb up on her, but Steve does great with her.  I think he will gain more liking of her as he rides her more.  She had not been ridden in 3 years. Just sat around in the pasture every day.  So, we are working on getting her back in shape and letting her enjoy her forever home.  Once they come to our house, that is it.  We keep them as long as they are good horses that don't disrupt the herd.  And she seems to be at middle of the pecking order, but doesn't mind and just mixes into the herd.  She is our keeper for sure along with the rest of the group.

Jeanne

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 07:25:06 am »

That is fantastic news!
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 10:01:21 am »

Update on Missy. 

We have taken Missy on a few rides now after we got back from vacation and on vacation with her.  Steve has been busy getting fire wood cut, so we have not had much riding.  But Missy has been out a couple rides with Steve and is going wonderful.  I think she has worked her way into the group of 4.  She is the sweetest mare I have ever been around.  I am sure she will be just like the rest of our herd of 4, and will be here till she dies or needs to be put down.  We just think she is wonderful to work around and is not pushy with the other 3 horses we have had for a long time.  She even looks happy in her new for ever home. 

Steve should be retiring next year in 2019, probably Nov. if it have it my way, and the end of the year if he has it his way.  He already made a comment on working into the first or second week of Jan. 2019.  That got shot down in a big hurry.  If he works 1 minute at his job in that year of 2019, he will end up giving a percent of his earnings and mine to NY State.  He already mentioned working till after the new years, but I expressed that to be knocked out of any possible thoughts that I would allow him to do that.  If he worked at all in his current employment or any job in NY State into the new year of 2019's and retiring from his job in NY state after the New Year.  Then any income he collected from NY state even 1 penny worth, they would then tax every penny he makes in the year 2020.  I have lived in PA with him for many years now, and I am no way no how giving NY State any more money because of working in the state.  If he worked 1 hour for his employer, that would be NY State income that they would charge us for as well as any other income we have between us.  That is one reason I Hate NY State so much.  They screw you over a penny if you collected any kind of a income for that year.  Can you see why I am so anxious to get out of that state taxing us every year from when we moved here on the PA side from the NY State side.  All just because Steve works there still.  It's not going to continue too much longer.  As well as the tax in NY state is a good deal more than in PA.  But working there, you pay their tax because it is the highest of the 2 states.  I just can not wait to kiss that state my last good by for ever, and our taxes will then all be in PA and nothing going to NY State except what we may buy there in the stores.  Of course they tax on everything you buy there, but I won't be filling their pockets with my taxes.  And if NY continues to be cheaper on gas, we will just go there to get the gas cheaper and other odds and ends. 

So, I am looking very forward to having Steve Retire.  Just can't wait till the end of 2019.  I have spent my share to NY State long enough. 

MyBoyG

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 06:11:51 pm »

I am so happy to read this update Jeanne - Missy was such a wonderful mare, I'm so glad she found a home with you!!  Happy also to hear that Cheryl go the update.

Horsemanship, the wonderful never ending journey of learning!   Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it.  Autograph your work with excellence.

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 12:54:39 pm »

And now, Steve has been on Missy riding her a lot this year.   She is the nicest mare I have ever had.  So, she is back into service again and she seems to really enjoy the rides.  I am not a fan of mares, but she is just the nicest mare I have every been around.   Too tall for me to get on her, but suites Steve just perfect.  She has a for ever home with us.

Jeanne
Pages: [1]   Go Up