Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update on Molly, for Jim  (Read 162 times)

KysaSD

• Administrator
Update on Molly, for Jim
« on: March 21, 2018, 10:07:08 am »

Yes, Jim, no matter how good EZ Rider is with kids, Molly is still the best of the best!

For those who don’t know the whole story, here is a short version.  When my daughter in law was pregnant with my first grandchild, I told Jim to start looking for a really good gaited large pony.  I figured it would take several years to find this perfect horse.  However, Jim found her in just a few weeks, before the grandchild was even born.  Molly is not a Rainmaker baby, but still she is the epitome of everything a Mountain Horse is supposed to be.  She belonged to a friend of Jim’s, who was in hospice and dying of cancer.  He asked Jim to find Molly a good home...Molly had been used for the dying mans grandson.
After many emails and conversations, it did seem that Molly was what I wanted, so I bought her.

She came off the shipping trailer at 9 pm one night in June.  The next day she gave three hours of pony rides to neighbor children.  Two weeks later, she gave a ride to a handicapped child.  I cried when I watched Molly scoot sideways to keep this child balanced.  My grandkids have grown up with Molly.  The oldest is 10 now, and will show Molly in 4-H for the 3rd year.  Molly is also the perfect guest horse.  I cannot tell you how many scared kids and adults have learned to ride on Molly. 

As of two weeks ago, she became an official lesson horse.  I now have a resident instructor at my barn, and she has been using Molly.  She tells me Molly is the best lesson horse of her career.  That is fine...but she can only use Molly in lessons when my grandkids are not riding her.  That is still the priority.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: Update on Molly, for Jim
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 10:08:05 am »

Melody and Molly
Parades
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:10:20 am by KysaSD »
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 10:08:49 am »

4-H

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 10:10:02 am »

Trail riding

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 10:11:31 am »

For a million dollars...yes really...I would NEVER sell Molly.  She will be 16 this year.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 11:41:57 am »

Wow Kysa 16 it seems like yesterday....
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

misstux

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 08:27:27 am »

What a wonderful girl!

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 11:42:43 am »

Molly...today.  It was farrier day, and I am babysitting.  When Molly’s feet are done, Aria gets to ride her in the arena.  Yeah, not yet three, and she rides all by herself.  Today she learned to back Molly up.

Kalli

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 12:27:09 pm »

Kysa, amazing to see someone so young be able to ride like that!  Very impressed with both Molly and Aria. What a great picture! 

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 12:41:14 pm »

I love riding with my 10 year old granddaughter Melody, and she has good equitation as well.  But Aria will be my horse person.  Melody likes it, Aria flat out loves loves loves it.

ponymare

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 03:10:31 pm »

These pictures make me smile!  ;D

misstux

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 08:19:17 am »

These pictures make me smile!  ;D

Me too 😀😀😀

rainmaker

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2018, 07:40:06 pm »

Me three.  Only difference I see between EZ and Molly is EZ does enjoy gaiting if the rider is comfortable, and his love for fig newtons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up