verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: JMR - social security  (Read 418 times)

riding the sun

Re: JMR - social security
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 07:13:00 pm »

Jeanne. glad you are getting going on the retirement.  Sooner is better in my opinion.  But be sure to get the insurance settled before you do!  We are now both on medicare and it is really helpful.  Ron retired at 65 but continued to do some independent consulting for a while after that.  I retired at 63 but continued working for the vet part time until we moved here.  We both say we had no idea how we ever had time to go to work once we retired!  I am excited for you!
My favorite trail is the next one

ponymare

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 04:08:49 pm »

I'm excited for you as well. I've been pushing my husband to think of retiring earlier so we can go ahead and move to Tennessee while we can still enjoy it! I'm heading to pasture at 62 and hopeful my husband will do the same.  That gives us 3 more years to get things moving.  It will not be fun paying full insurance for three years, but his job is really stressful and bad for his health so he needs to get out as early as possible. 

After talking with a finance guy at our bank, he was much more encouraged that he could ever actually retire.   He had said it wouldn't be possible, but we are hopeful!

Good luck with convincing Steve that he needs to just go for it! Hope everything works out perfectly!

Kalli

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 07:06:35 pm »

Health insurance was the big hurdle for me. I quit just a little too soon but had to due to my parents’ situation.

Long story short, Cobra ended for me in Feb.  I now pay well over $1000 a month for my single Capital Blue policy. But I’m thankful I couldn’t be denied coverage.

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 04:02:08 pm »

Kalli, that is highway robbery!
MJ

Kalli

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 07:13:36 pm »

Kalli, that is highway robbery!

Yeah, I know. Can’t change it. Thankfully DH is already on Medicare.  Gotta be thankful for that, right? 😉

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2018, 04:23:18 pm »

Yes, Kalli, the price for 2 people would be outrageous!    So much for working all of our lives, nice pay back.
MJ

ponymare

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2018, 03:18:41 pm »

Oh, wow!  I don't think ours would be quite $1000 for two of us.  Guess I should feel lucky. Sort of.  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up