Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: facebook/computer question  (Read 123 times)

kckc

facebook/computer question
« on: March 10, 2018, 07:58:07 pm »

I've looked online but haven't been able to find help.... I suddenly cannot watch fb videos.  I'm on a computer not a cell phone and my other videos play fine, just not the ones on fb.    I've tried a couple of things but nothing has fixed it.   Any ideas?  (simple ideas :-)
NC

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
Re: facebook/computer question
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 05:38:57 am »

Wish I knew.  I find that vids play only "sometimes" when I try to watch on FB.  Our niece sends sweet vids of her family (our two great nephews) and I can usually watch, but sometimes nothing I do will get them to play.  Hope someone will jump in here w/ an easy solution.
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

ClaudiaIN

• CQ Equine Gifts.Facebook.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 10:51:57 am »

I looked on my settings in Facebook -- then the video--
you can set the video's to only play when you are on WI FI --- could that be it?

see my website @ www.CQEquine.com

And on Facebook.   Www.Facebook.com/CQEquine

kckc

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 11:46:07 am »

the wifi question must only  come up if you are using a cell phone for connection - don't have that question on my computer fb at all
NC

kckc

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 07:25:57 pm »

Val - are you on cell or computer.... if computer I found this link about adobe flash.  has not correct my issue but might yours
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-edge.html
I also found that on FB under setting there is a video section - it asks video quality and one site I saw said to change it to sd which didn't help me and I changed it back to default but you might look there.
NC

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 05:06:30 am »

KC, Your problem specifically applies to using Facebook on PC. Suggestions re video quality, auto-playing videos, etc. are specific to the Facebook app on a mobile device. I have had this happen in the past and in order to fix it, I had to reinstall or update Flash Player. I don't remember exactly what I had to do, other than I know you need to do it from Flash player website. You may or may not need to uninstall Flash from your PC first.

Investigating this a bit...I see that Microsoft recently issued an security update for Flash Player. MS is notorious for screwing things up via updates!

This might be a good starting point: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-ie.html

kckc

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 06:09:30 am »

thanks  _ I went there before and it didn't seem to change anything.   I don't think I know how to reinstall adobe flash... UGH.... I need a keeper
NC

kckc

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 08:56:03 pm »

well holy crap - I can watch videos again !  wth !   I unplugged the extra monitor and took the laptop off the electric... didn't restart (which I've done a zillion times) .... ugh...
NC

kckc

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 10:21:24 am »

well it seems my fb video playing issue is when I hook up my 2nd monitor.... are you kidding?  and all of sudden that makes a difference?   Just beyond me...
NC
Pages: [1]   Go Up