verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: zipeddodah, about your Lew  (Read 128 times)

stablemind

• Administrator
zipeddodah, about your Lew
« on: March 10, 2018, 05:29:11 pm »

I skimmed through your last few journal posts and read about Lew's bone marrow transplant. Obviously this is hard on you both. I have a cousin who went through this recently and he's doing very well now. I pray the same for Lew.

zipeddodah

Re: zipeddodah, about your Lew
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 10:20:44 am »

Thanks for the kind words. I just now got around to reading this post, sorry for the delay in answering. Lew's transplant went very very well and was so much easier than we both feared. He was out of the hospital 3 days early and then they only made us stay at the hotel by the hospital for 1 week instead of 3. That was a good thing because I was about to lose my mind with boredom!  So we're home now and he's feeling so much better that he's starting to get really frustrated with not being able to go out in public. They didn't want him to drive either but yesterday we were on the road all day, going for his check up in Houston and then going to pick up the fur kids at the kennel and he drove the whole day. He was pretty tired by the end of the day but it was the good kind of tired. We'll do another bone marrow biopsy in 3 months to see whether his marrow has fully recovered and then probably yearly to be sure he's in remission still. All indications are he will be but you never know. So far he's exceeded the doctor's expectations so we hope that keeps up. This has been one heck of a learning experience and strange as it may sound I think in a weird way we're both better for having gone through it.....just let's hope we don't have to do it again!
Tachie in east Texas
 Sam Houston forest is my back yard!

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: zipeddodah, about your Lew
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 10:52:34 am »

Wow, that sounds great! I do hope things continue to work well for you two.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up