Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How on earth to I get in these messes???  (Read 235 times)

KysaSD

• Administrator
How on earth to I get in these messes???
« on: March 05, 2018, 10:36:02 am »

This is the shortest version of this story I can do.

Last summer, I met a young man who was buying a local stable, fixing it uand and running it.  In the midst of this, he returned to me the only saddle ever “stolen” from my store.  It was paid for with a bad check, and I was trying to get it back.  Somehow, RJ heard about this, and thought the saddle was at his stable.  Sure enough.  I got it back ($1000) and we became friends.
RJ also started a petting zoo, that the community found wildly popular.

But the sale of the stable had several issues, starting with the seller lawyer, assured RJ he could represent. Both parties and save both some money.  Not true, this is an ethics violation in SD bar association.  And the seller refused to give RJ keys to everything, and it went downhill from there.  After months of trying to fix things, RJ decided to just walk away.  Too bad as he will likely loose his $50,000 down payment, although the lawyer RJ has now is trying to recover at least a portion of that.

Fast forward, RJ, his horses, and his petting zoo were being evicted.  So....somehow they are all here on my property.  The goats, pigs, alpacas, mini cows and donkeys are all in an unoccupied part of my husbands barn.  RJs horses are. Next to mine but have no shelter.  His minis are in with Lola and are doing great.  I also inherited a gal who does lessons.  She and her horses are here to stay.  This will be a good fit for me.  She will do some work for me, in lieu of some of her board.  Win win.

But.....today we had sleet, and now snow.  Lindsay’s horses are inside because there is no shelter in her paddock.  And RJs need to be inside, too.  And they don’t get along and I only have 4 stalls.  So one horse is probably making a mess of the arena.  I need to go check again.
RJ viewed a property yesterday but it will not work.  Lucky for him, the chamber of commerce likes the petting zoo, and is working to find it a new location.  Soon, needs to be soon!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 01:05:54 pm by KysaSD »
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
Re: How on earth to I get in these messes???
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 11:49:18 am »

You have SUCH a good heart.  What a shame--I really intensely dislike sheister lawyers.  I hope he can recover his stolen down payment.  Altho I suspect he's out any $'s he put into fixing it up. 
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 04:39:34 pm »

I'm with Val  you are just the kindest person I think I know.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 05:01:42 pm »

Bless you Kysa, you are wonderful!
MJ

kckc

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 06:19:22 pm »

wow !  big heart but wow... so glad you were able to help him, what else would he have done ?? !!
NC

Kalli

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 08:31:42 pm »

It was very nice of you to help this person. Sorry that it’s causing you some complications. You’ll figure something out I’m sure.

People who help others in their time of need make this world a better place.  Will pray for “soon”. 😊

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 07:18:58 am »

Well, we did manage to get all the horses inside long enough to dry off yesterday.  And RJ is trying to get a new location for his petting zoo.  The chamber of commerce is looking for a place close to town.  RJ does have property 20 miles from here, but the buildings are in bad shape.  He is planning to work on the smaller one, to make it habitable for the zoo animals.  Almost all are miniature of whatever, so they don’t need a lot of space.

The snowstorm dumped a bunch more snow overnight.  No school again, and this should make chores fun....or really NOT.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

gaitedappylady

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 10:02:23 am »

Bless you for helping him! I will pray for a speedy solution!
Rita, N. Texas

Have you had a kindness shown?  Pass it on...

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 07:17:49 am »

Update.  RJ finally moved his big horses to a relative.  I could not either donate or even sell another bale of hay to him.  We are having a late spring and I fear running out for my own horses.

Last night I got a call from RJ from the hospital.  He was in the emergency room, and they scheduled emergency gall bladder surgery for this morning.  So....now I have entire petting zoo that I must care for twice a day!

Cassidy

• S.W. Michigan
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 09:14:24 am »

"Not true, this is an ethics violation in SD bar association"

I would suggest turning this over to SD attorney general and see if they can help but mostly to see if they will disbar that bad lawyer.  At one bank I worked at we would get a report quarterly I think that showed all the layers and CPA's who lost their licences in the USA.  You'd be shocked how many pages of list they were, I was.
Chris, S.W. Michigan

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 12:10:35 pm »

Not sure they have enough money to pursue anything through the legal system...and that is not my problem.
I just need to take care of the animals until RJ is back up to snuff.  I redid the water buckets to make it easier.

vruste

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 02:41:45 pm »

I take it Adam is too preocuppied to help with chores?  Sounded like he was pretty shook up between RJ and his dad having surgery today...

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 02:55:11 pm »

Adam was pretty shook up.  I fed him breakfast.  RJ looked like garbage!  He went home to bed and some painkillers.

vruste

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 03:17:16 pm »

You've sure gone over the top lending them a hand Kysa.....

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 03:22:34 pm »

Actually, Adam had to go back to work this afternoon.  He is their only steady income.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up