Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: weather  (Read 700 times)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
weather
« on: February 22, 2018, 04:47:06 pm »

Watching weather and hoping everyone here is safe and sound and dry out there in the middle of the country.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: weather
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 05:35:29 pm »

4 inches already, and more to come, snowing most of the night.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

kckc

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 05:41:45 pm »

wow, I only heard a smidge of this on the radio... we were freaking close to 80 today... I just don't think I should sweat in February !   You guys stay safe, I heard ice  :-(
NC

PAWalker

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 06:35:38 pm »

We are running around 20(F) above average.  I've been sweating , at the barn, in tank tops and shorts.

We had a deluge of rain last night and part of this morning with  severe weather predicted for Saturday.  My area has been in a mild drought, we need the rain but the low lying areas don't need it all at once.

Our yard and pastures have squishy mud which is rare, and the neighbor's pond is overflowing more than I have seen in several years.

The weatherman says the weather is not the right set up to repeat the 2010 Nashville Flood but we can expect anywhere from 4" to as little as half inch of rain, depending where we live.

Last week my pastures and yards were nothing but brown --- with all this rain and exceptional warm temps we've had, everything is greening up and I have seen daffodils blooming in the pasture across the road.

Not good., not good because even southern Middle Tennessee isn't done with winter just yet :-\

It seems like West Tennessee has had the most rain and is probably good and flooded by now.

abbypeaches

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 07:58:05 pm »

All of our snow melted last week with the help of a couple of inches of rain and it got up to 62degrees  a couple of days ago too. And now we have overflowing rivers everywhere. Lots of roads are closed an the potholes are growing and multiplying. Michigan-the pothole state.
Marilyn
Marilyn and
 Bud, 30 yo reg. MFT gelding, Montana's Silver Mist(Misty) 20 yo MFT & Midnight Rendezvous (Kate) 16 mo mare.

TN Trail Rider

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 11:37:25 pm »

It was an unbelievable 80 degrees yesterday.  Had to find a short sleeve t-shirt to wear.  This is wacko.

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 05:09:24 am »

Went to bed with right at 2-1/2” of rain. Woke up to a hair under 5”. We are 20 minutes from western TN. I will be emptying the rain gauge when it hits 5. More expected through Saturday.  Good day to be a fish.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Legs, MFT, 1999   Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 05:55:35 am »

The pictures on the weather channel are pretty bad.  We got a trace of snow after the rain of yesterday.  It's in the 30s at the moment we will have rain later on but nothing like what a lot of you all are going through.

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 07:35:46 am »

About 7-8 inches of snow.
School is on a 2 hour delay so the plows can get out there before the busses.  And supposedly this is just the warmup.  The real storm and snow is supposed to arrive on Saturday.

I am just so tired of this.  I knew it was coming, so I fed a new round bale yesterday.  At the moment, all the horses have hay and water.  But it does get to be a struggle.  I will haul water with he tractor and fill every tank today, simply because it is supposed to be the best day of the next few.

So....the forecast for last night was 2-4 inches of snow...I am guessing 7-8 inches.  Saturday is 3-6 inches....will we get a foot????
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 12:42:50 pm by KysaSD »

PAWalker

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 11:14:58 am »

Seems like every year the weather becomes more unpredictable.

This morning I noticed my Bradford Pear trees are in bud ---- many weeks too early.

The gras in one corner of the front pasture could be mowed if I were that anal but I'm not --- besides, we all know what happens once we do the first mowing-------- there's no stopping until November :-\

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 03:47:57 pm »

Nice today but we have a major coastal storm headed in over the weekend.  yuck, but hey what can you do it's the weather.

Everyone in the path of the flooding please stay safe.

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 03:58:21 pm »

My forecast is 20s to 30s for as far out as the forecast goes.  I will definitely take that!

PAWalker

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 09:06:28 pm »

John (No Bite) hope you and yours are ok after this weekend's weather.

Last count I saw was four tornadoes in TN and from Hopkinsville, KY westward --- that's your territory isn't it?   

The Ohio River crested at 60.53 feet Sunday night.  That has to be some kind of record --- I hope you are safe and dry:)

We are on tap for more heavy rain starting Wednesday.  They think most of the rain will be down my way this time.  We sit on the second highest spot in the county (~1,030') with good drainage so the rain is never the issue. 

It's the wind --- we had to replace the back quarter of the house roof a few years ago due to high winds.

Anyway, Hope you are safe and dry, and ready for the next round of weather.
Judy

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 12:25:12 pm »

Here we go again, another big storm impacting most of this country.  Everyone stay safe.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2018, 04:33:59 am »

It is 6:30 am and the winds are screaming, the tides are very high.  It's raining bigtime and it is only going to get worse as the day and evening go on. 

Later on, early this evening it will turn to snow.  Not good for sure.  We are hunkered down for sure.
There are school closings, people are being told to evacuate along the coast from Conn, to RI and into Mass and up into Maine. 

It's going to be a fun day for sure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up