verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wow, it’s been a long time!  (Read 215 times)

IRideMyRocky

Wow, it’s been a long time!
« on: February 18, 2018, 06:20:04 am »

Its been many years since I’ve posted or even looked at this wonderful forum. I thought I should re-introduce myself. My husband and I love in Michigan with our little Papillon, Rocco, and our two awesome gaited horses. One is our gentle giant that I think is Mr Perfect and the other I just got 3 weeks ago. He’s green but coming along well. I’m looking forward to being parts of this fabulous forum once again!

NoBite

• Administrator
Re: Wow, it’s been a long time!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 07:12:34 pm »

Welcome back! And, you must remember that we love pictures!!
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

JMR - Scout and Cisco

Re: Wow, it’s been a long time!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 10:13:55 am »

That is exactly what I said!!  I just had somehow drifted away from here with work and home, etc.  Then one day I had the thought about all the nice people I had talked to and met on here.  So I looked and found a very, very old version.  So I then searched in another way, and here I am.  Found you all again.  I have made it my goal to now try to get on here at least once a week to see how everyone is doing and what they are planning to do.  My big goal right now is getting Steve to retire.  He wants to work till he turns 65, but I am hoping he will stop at 64, which would be this year in Nov.  He has had 2 heart attacks, does lifting and driving for work, and I think he gets tired really easily when he is working like that.  I feel it is time for him to stop.  But I can't force him into it, so here we are still in PA waiting on Steve to decide that the time is now to do the move.  Before he has another heat attack.

The goal is KY for sure.  We love going there camping and riding as well as the people there are so friendly and nice.  Not like the north east where you get all the stupid idiots come to live.  Perfect example is when we moved here 20 years ago, we had the most wonderful 2 neighbors you could ever want.  One still has the hunting cabin across the road from us.  He only comes up to hunt in the winter and in the summer they come to get away from the heat of living in a city in N.J. We already have a buyer for our current home.  It is the person who we bought it from.  He moved into town because of his young children, who are not grown up. Now they want to come back out here to the quiet country living. We are moving to get away from the winters here also.  Just have to get Steve to quit working before he has another heart attack or he retires, which ever comes first. 

So, all you KY people are info our retirement home in your state.  Hopefully close to Daniel Boon National Forest.  I just love riding there.  But also the taxes are much to our favor also.  Ours are bad, but over the border into NY State is way worse then PA.  We end up paying taxes in NY because Steve is still working there.  But that will come to an end sooner than later I hope.  Max will be the year of 2019.  But I sure hope for 2018.  Even if we wait till fall, I will be OK with that.  Just want out of the north east this year.  I need to get facts and figures on the difference of what 1 more year can make.  Maybe if it is not a huge difference, I will win out and we will move late this year. 

Does anyone know how you can get a breakdown from Social Security for an estimated amount for what the difference is to work that extra year?

Jeanne
Pages: [1]   Go Up