Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks Cindi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 271 times)

melissah

Thanks Cindi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 08, 2018, 11:24:02 am »

Just wanted to thank you so much for your help and introducing us to a great realtor.
You were right about him. Love the accent ha ha

Now time to research as much as we can about Missouri. Maybe we WILL ride together one day after all. He found one place about 8-9 miles from you! lol

Thanks again! It will be so nice to get out of CA!

Melissa
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: Thanks Cindi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 11:47:52 am »

That sounds promising
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

melissah

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 12:55:55 pm »

That sounds promising

Sure does....the whole future but darn is it hard to get lending with an existing mortgage. Grrr
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

fargos handmaiden

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 09:49:42 pm »

Missouri is beautiful and.Condi is special people. Hope it all works out for you.

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 05:46:56 am »

That sounds promising

Sure does....the whole future but darn is it hard to get lending with an existing mortgage. Grrr

All the more reason to consider renting before you commit to a mortgage.  It will allow you some time to get your current place sold AND make sure that you like the specific area before you're locked into a long term commitment. 
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 11:52:55 am »

Melissa,  being farmers we watch the Weather Channel a lot.  Just watched a program on sinkholes.  I knew they have problems with them in Florida (my mother lived there).   Much to my surprise, they mentioned other areas of the country that have sink hole problems.  The state of Missouri is about 60percent sink hole prone.  There is an underground Ozark sinkhole laboratory that has been studying sinkholes.
  Not sure how you find out, but I would make sure the areas you are interested in aren't prone to sinkholes.  I personally, wouldn't trust a realtor's word, I know too many people that have been burned when buying property.  Especially with the 'as is' clause they now use.
MJ

kckc

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 05:50:43 pm »

wow, sink holes... very interesting... and not covered under most homeowner or renters insurance  ....so with that in mind you might want to make sure there is an endorsement when you move there just in case !
NC

PAWalker

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 02:07:22 pm »

I didn't know that about Missouri, but I know it about parts of Kentucky.

A friend of mine got burned on "horse property".  Turns out it had a lot of sink holes in the back acreage, where she didn't walk.

New sink holes kept appearing.  It was not safe for her horses.  She took a bath on that place.

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 05:02:40 pm »

Yes,  Kentucky does have sink holes also.   Kentucky is where a sink hole swallowed up a bunch of vintage Corvettes at the Corvette Museum a few years ago.
MJ

kckc

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 07:09:10 pm »

KY has a "ground movement mine subsidence" endorsement but I haven't seen one in years  - I'm positive it doesn't cover the ground... or fencing ...
NC

Allgaited

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 03:37:16 pm »

Melissha,

I don't post very often here, but saw you were looking at MO properties.  My husband and I live here in a place called Golden Hills Equine Community.  You can find it on the net.  It's a 3,000 acre equine community that has horseback riding trails out the door.  There are several properties for sale here.  I think 3.  If you look up Raymondville, MO on realtor.com you should find them. Plus there's numerous riding areas close to here, like Eminence which is about one hour from here.

That being said, the trails are not very well maintained but the neighbors are very nice.

So just thought I'd throw that out there.  I think one property has 5 acres and she's asking 150,000.  She lost her husband and is looking to move closer to her children.  The other has 5 acres and they're asking 230,000.  The last one is our neighbor and they have a berm house home with I believe 16 acres.  Most of these properties are mostly wooded with small fenced in areas for horses.

I know the owners are trying to sell the place so I'm not sure what that means to us property owners.   This is also a campground with folks coming in to ride. But they're asking lots of money for it and I think it's probably not going to sell any time soon, if at all.  Although the owners are older so am not sure what will happen when they are gone. 

Just trying to list the good with the bad. 

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 10:41:29 am »

Melissa....I see you bought a house in MO.  Post here so folks not on Facebook can know about it.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

melissah

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 10:42:55 am »

Melissa....I see you bought a house in MO.  Post here so folks not on Facebook can know about it.

I was just doing this. Thanks Kysa. I'm on it.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up