Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Property for sale in TN  (Read 179 times)

kckc

Property for sale in TN
« on: February 03, 2018, 08:52:26 am »

saw this online... if anyone wants to loan me some money...  :-)  Saw a barn and small residence pictured

‎Russell Eldridge‎

IF YOU WANT TO CAMP DIRECTLY ON HORSE TRAILS IN A SUPER HORSE TOWN CHECK THIS OUT...WE ARE ALSO RETIRING AND THIS IS A OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE TO BUY A HORSE RENTAL BUSINESS OR MOVE IN PERMANENTLY...WHAT A LOCATION!!! TRAILS INTO THE BIG SOUTH FORK...TAX FRIENDLY TENNESSEE-FULLY FURNISHED AND READY TO MOVE IN..$229,900 ON 4.25 ACRES OR CAN BUY ON LESS ACREAGE...cabintrailsbsf on the web.
NC

Walkin45

Re: Property for sale in TN
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 04:07:34 pm »

Pretty sure it's a cabin that you rent out for income vs a home?

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 01:17:56 pm »

If I was going to have a business like that, I would want to start our a whole lot younger than I am now.  It really is a lot of work to run a horse camp.  We plan to move to KY in the next couple of years to get out of PA and NY.  But I would not want to take up doing a business at that point either.  I want a nice farm for my horses and dogs.  We can get a couple of cats too again.  We had one that we brought home from a horse camp, (it was Sugar Hill near Watkins Glen, N.Y.)  We just had her about 7-8 years.  The last we saw her was over a year ago.  She came home from hunting across the road and came up the driveway and into the barn.  I went out to see if her food dish needed refilling, and it didn't, but she didn't come in and eat anyway. She just went out the back of the barn and into the woods.  That was the last we saw of her.  So, something happened to her.  My guess is the Eagles that were nesting or the hawks got her.  I know the eagles were nesting just back over the hill behind us somewhere there.  But I think the hawks also had a nest some where close too our house also.  They were all flying around the area until their babies hatched out and flew the coop.  They didn't nest back there this year.  \

Jeanne

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 05:49:43 am »

Jeanne, what part of KY are you considering? We live in far western KY, about 20 minutes from Paducah. Close to some very good riding in KY, TN, MO and southern IL.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 11:59:10 am »

We really like the eastern area of KY near Daniel Boon Forest.  But we are open to suggestions as we get closer.  The main reason for being more east than west is also because we currently live in PA just over the NY border near Elmira, N.Y. and about 1 hour from Corning, N.Y.  We have a lot of friends and relatives in PA and NY.  So, we prefer the eastern side of KY to be closer to my daughter who lives in MD., and closer to what we are more familiar in KY with as well as closer for family from NY and PA to come and visit.  But if there was a beautiful farm that fit our needs and price range, on the more western side of KY, we would consider looking at that also.  We do love the Daniel Boon Forest area.  We have rode there  a lot.  So, that area really would be something we would look for a home in the area.  It is something we have discussed for retirement for many years now.  Just waiting on Steve to retire and get out of the moving business before he gets seriously injured.  He is off on disability now for an injury from work.  But he just won't give it up and retire.  He thinks he needs to work to 65 and I am afraid something will happen with another injury before we gets to retire.  So that is where our stand off is right now.  I want to do some more digging and planning so that maybe I can prove to him we can make this work now.  But he is pretty set in his ways, so I keep coming up to a brick wall.  So, the time frame is still out on the table.  But eventually we are dead set on living in KY.

Jeanne

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 07:59:29 pm »

Thanks for your reply! I don’t know much about that part of the state. Do have some friends in the Somerset area, but haven’t visited them. I’ve heard it is beautiful!
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010
Pages: [1]   Go Up