Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kindle owners  (Read 60 times)

KysaSD

• Administrator
Kindle owners
« on: February 02, 2018, 04:49:20 pm »

I am tired of beating my head against the wall.

I am trying to put library ebook software my granddaughters kindles.  They need Libby overdrive, which I finally found for kindle at amazon.

Does this mean it IS or IS NOT compatible with their kindles.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

stablemind

• Administrator
Re: Kindle owners
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 04:17:26 am »

I think it means the app has been purchases and can be added to this kindle. Have you tried the drop-down to see if it gives you the option to do so?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:20:28 am by stablemind »

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 05:52:44 am »

After much more research....no, the app is not compatible with this version of kindle fire.  ARGH!! !

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 06:14:12 am »

I wondered if the drop-down was a list of compatible devices. I think there's a kid's kindle. Doesn't Melody have a birthday coming up?

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 06:39:07 am »

Not til summer, and the other kindle belongs to one of the twins, whose birthday is being celebrated today.  But yes, these kids need something that can access the public library.  I sent Melody away with a little tablet of mine, and we downloaded a book she wanted.  She read it on the bus to school.  The tablet is ideal for that, as they get on the bus in the dark most of the school year.

It is just that the kindle frustrates me so.  You CAN download library books with this kindle, but it is too complicated from grandma, and probably too complicated for the kids.  You use a browser to access the entire library, and have to switch on some settings to access only kids ebooks.  You download the ebook to your amazon account, leave the library page, and log on to your amazon account, then download the library book from there.  And I have not figured out how to have multiple library cards on a single amazon account, as the kids don’t have an amazon account and never will as children.

With a newer kindle or any other tablet, you download the library software, add in your library card number once, and any book you choose is instantly downloaded and readable.  So all the older kids are probably going to need different tablets.
Pages: [1]   Go Up