Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: coming back  (Read 395 times)

JMR - Scout and Cisco

Re: coming back
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 12:51:52 pm »

I really don't have to worry about the buyer not wanting it if we don't move in the next year.  He is the person we bought our home from because their kids were in school and they wanted them to live in town till they grew up and were gone.  Which is what has happened now.  He knows that I am working on getting Steve to move earlier than later and will just stay down in town where they are now, knowing that in the next year or two, we will be moving.  He is good friends with our NJ Neighbor across the road in the hunting cabin.  But I will not let on to him that the new neighbor next door is a real jerk.  We had a issue with them on the property line, but went to court and proved where the line runs.  When they moved in last year, the stupid real estate person told them wrong on where the lines go, so we ended up in court even though we proved the lines were correct where we had our fence, and the judge never made them pay a penny on the fencing they destroyed.  But at least we have it all fenced on the line now.  Which made more pasture land for us because the owner before this jerk moved in just guessed with my husband where the line went.  So our original guessing was off in the neighbors favor, and he lost that when we had it surveyed. 

Now when we move to a retirement home, the owner before us can pay for the survey we had to do, along with his costs of all the updates we have done since we bought the property from him.  And there is a lot that we did.  Not only modernizing on the home, but fenced in almost all the property for the horses, where he only had a little section for them.  We planted more fruit trees that are doing well, and redid the well so that the pump is in the bottom of the well instead of the top.  That keeps it from freezing in the winter or having to leave the faucet dripping to keep the water moving and  not freezing up.  Upgraded the entire home with windows and doors that are much better than original home.  So, they will not get the home for what we paid for it, but they will have not need to upgrade anything, as well as all new carpet, etc..   

gaitedappylady

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 03:11:22 pm »

Hey Jeanne!

I don't get on here much anymore as I'm mostly on Facebook, but it's good to see you! I had to put down my beloved Frosty in 2015 after she got DSLD.  It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. 

Cliff and I moved to Princeton, a town about 10 miles east of where we used to live. We now have nearly 9 acres and a real house instead of a double wide.  I have a Florida Cracker Horse gelding, Gator, who will be 15 this month and he rides a TWH mare named Minnie who is around 12.  They are great horses! Gator is the smoothest horse I've ever had, and he is a bit of a goofball. Minnie is the perfect husband horse, always consistent in her temperament and also very smooth. We also have Willie Nelson, another Florida Cracker gelding - he will be 3 this year and we have Scout, a very old KMH rescue we got a year and  half ago. He is the perfect grandkid horse, light riding only.  We just bought a MFT mare named Lucy a couple of weeks ago as well. She is 12 and is quite the brave and forward little gal, reminds me of Frosty!

Willie and Scout love to play!  Scout was always a "to himself" type of horse until we got Willie.  They are hilarious, running around, nipping each other, rearing up, etc.  It's great to see the old guy having fun.  Willie seems to bring that out in him.

Glad to hear you may retire soon! Cliff is 63 now and I am hoping he retires in a couple of years.  I would love to also but I'm only 55 and have  a few years to go...:(

Rita
Rita, N. Texas

Have you had a kindness shown?  Pass it on...

fargos handmaiden

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 09:58:24 pm »

So glad to see you back, Jeanne. Dealing with these horses in old.age is emotional. I understand how your husband feels. We have been dragging Fargo with us on extended trail rides too tho he appears to not really be up to the tasks.anymore. I have a replacement but it is not the same tho he can be a fun horse.when not.a.pain. Good luck on deciding on your move. Keep us posted.

ClaudiaIN

• CQ Equine Gifts.Facebook.com/
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2018, 08:01:14 am »

Jeannie-
I know you want to get to KY NOW!! :-)     But if you haven't -- make SURE you look into health insurance if Steve retires before 65 and he can get on Medicare.
My health insurance premiums are VERY EXPENSIVE and my deductible is over $7,000  -  you don't even want to know what medical expenses -- insurance, prescriptions, doctor office , etc cost us last year.
I should have stayed full time when I was downsized from my job.

Mike is on Medicare with a good supplement - thank goodness ---

And -- make sure to keep an eye on the Kentucky Politics --- The Kentucky governor is making some not so great changes that might affect you guys.
see my website @ www.CQEquine.com

And on Facebook.   Www.Facebook.com/CQEquine

Raylin

• "If you only knew what your horses thought of you!"
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 01:44:40 pm »

I'm still around also. Glad to "see" ya around.

Raylin

saddleuparocky

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2018, 04:51:02 pm »

Jeanne, Congratulations on finally getting to retire!! I know how much you were looking forward to it.
I have the same situation here trying to find dependable riding buddies. I also do not think it would be wise for me to go out riding alone. I will just keep looking until I can find someone who likes to ride as much as I do and who is close enough to make day riding easy. I am sorry to hear about Maggi. (Smile dog.)
It was nice to get caught up on your news. Jaci

abbypeaches

• A hunk of meat and two potatoes!
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2018, 07:53:09 pm »

Hi Jeanne-Good to hear from you again. I check on here periodically to see what's happening. I now have three MFTs. I still have my 31 year old gelding who has Cushings & IR and needs to be fed rehydrated feed 4x/day and two mares. One is 21(the mom) and her 14 month old daughter. I gave away my other gelding last year as a pasture pet to a woman who needed one.
  Marilyn
Marilyn and
 Bud, 31yo reg. MFT gelding & Midnight Rendezvous (Kate) 2 yo MFT  mare.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up