Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Butter  (Read 142 times)

kckc

Butter
« on: January 27, 2018, 04:59:08 pm »

I like butter, not addicted to it but I like real butter.  Some time ago I switched over to KerryGold and oh my gosh it's good butter.   When I saw this article detailing butter I thought I'd share(and yes kerrygold gets a good review)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/casual/the-best-and-worst-butter-from-the-grocery-store/ar-BBGgv63?ocid=spartandhp
NC

Laurie

Re: Butter
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 06:56:09 pm »

I love Kerrygold but its expensive.  I don't use it for everything but I try to keep it in the fridge. My Kroger carries it so its easy to get.  Not sure the other brands are available to me.

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 03:39:26 am »

Interesting. I usually buy Land o Lakes and I'm surprised it's not in this review. Lately I've been using Wegmans store brand and it stays hard even at room temperature, which I have blamed on the room not being very warm. I think it's time for me to try some new butter.

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 06:20:45 am »

Kerrygold is the only butter we will use. Excellent butter! Kroger carries it, but WalMart has it at a better price.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 09:05:00 am »

Okay, reading all the comments, guess I'm gonna have to try Kerrygold.  I normally just buy store brand butter, because honestly my sense of smell and therefore taste as well is (are?) dulled by too many years of smoking back in the day.  But must be changing because a couple weeks ago, I could smell SALT when I was filling up the loose salt canister that I keep in the tack room to add to the boys' little bit of daily supplements.
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

kckc

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 10:26:11 am »

I just never used to think much about butter - I stopped using margarine years ago but once I got mouthful of not quite melted butter and it did not taste good.  So I bought a different brand, then another, then kerrygold... and while I still wouldn't eat a spoonful of it I do like the best
NC

GloriousJourney

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 11:57:50 am »

Our Costco carries Kerry Gold for a good price. Comes in a 3 pack of 8oz. blocks. Much less than the grocery store.
Lesley in Jupiter

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 12:42:06 pm »

Of course, we have our own milk from our own grass fed cows.  But I can definitely taste the difference in grass fed dairy products.  I buy grass fed butter from my food buying coop.  At my age, I think it is worth it to have better quality food, so I buy butter made from grass fed cows.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up