Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving horses....to new places, new owners  (Read 551 times)

fargos handmaiden

Re: Moving horses....to new places, new owners
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 04:38:01 pm »

I hate to see horses bounced around too. Another of many reasons why I keep struggling with Speedy's crazy nonstop shying. Never thought about his maybe not being settled in yet. It is going on two years. Part is, points against poor.little guy, I still have my heart horse.Fargo and just can't come to grips.that he can't be my trail buddy any more.  I guess e as I need to think about it ffrom his view. Speedy came from New York with lots of woods. Here, it's flat, open, tireless.and.really super windy.

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 05:46:05 pm »

Well, wind is certainly a trigger for Buster to be uptight.  He will just have to get used to it.  But the days he is a pocket pony, there is little wind.  I suspect it will take a couple years to get completely used to it.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 04:14:40 am »

My horses basically live in the woods, so open spaces can be a huge adjustment for them. In open spaces, the horizon is suddenly far away, with tiny things to look at. They can't tell where sounds are coming from. Then there's the wind...

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 06:09:56 pm »

We are in a wooded area also, and ride in mostly wooded trail parks.   Shiloh would not do well at your place Kysa, she hates when I ride her in our open fields at our farm.  Maybe I should send out to you Kysa for a few months, she might appreciate our small open fields here, compared to the vast openness of South Dakota!! ;D
MJ
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up