Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Putting in a camping cabin  (Read 926 times)

Kalli

Re: Putting in a camping cabin
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 09:10:57 pm »

Kysa, great suggestion to double check on zoning. I’ll be sure to do that.  What you’ve described might work for me. I’ll be watching your progress closely! 😊

fargos handmaiden

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 04:16:09 pm »

Pretty cabin. Looks like our Morgan Steel cabin that. Still just takes up spacevhere. We never did convert it into house as hoped. Hope you have better luck with yours.

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 04:24:02 pm »

I was just thinking about this today, that maybe I could to some looking online for bathroom fixtures.  I will buy in person, but I might research on line.  It just needs to solid and we can sit and sleep in it.  But I am planning on electricity immediately, and plumbing sometime over the summer.  To eventually be a 3 season cabin.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 04:28:03 am »

Definitely invest in good quality bathroom fixtures so they hold up to kid use. You especially don't want a flimsy shower.

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2018, 10:27:33 am »

The first pumbing fixture.  This is a great idea, and will eliminate putting a sink in the bathroom.  This will simplify plumbing.  I will only need toilet and shower in the bathroom, and kitchen sink on the shared wall with the bathroom.  The simpler the better as long as it functions for me.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 10:45:08 am »

That is an awesome concept!  I've seen similar setups before for purposes of water conservation.  But also a space saver.
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

gaitedappylady

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2018, 10:14:06 am »

That's really cool! Great idea.  Cliff said he was thinking of something similar before he met me.  :)
Rita
Rita, N. Texas

Have you had a kindness shown?  Pass it on...

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2018, 03:37:57 pm »

I wish it were warm enough and the ground thawed that I could start prep work.  Sigh...still just hanging out at pinterest trying to get good ideas.

I do plan on a pallet fence for the front yard.  Right now I have electric fence across it, as I graze the yard.  It certainly does't look great, although my horses never challenge it.  I am trying to make it look a bit nicer.

I plan on a pallet fence.  I have lots of sources of pallets, and I have to collect new ones each year to replace the ones under my hay bales that I break.  But I will pick out the nice ones and make a fence.  The nice side will face the road.

kckc

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2018, 03:44:19 pm »

have you ever had a pallet fence?  I read some reviews of those that did and they didn't seem to be great - rotted fast, broken easily, splinters, two posts for every 3 or 4 feet.   I might be missing the positives but I know there was a reason or reasons a friend of mine did not put one up. 
NC

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2018, 04:00:05 pm »

positives...I can easily do it myself without my husbands help, and I have plenty of t-posts.

I have had pallets outdoors as part of my runs bale feeding system, and they seem to hold up a long time.

kckc

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2018, 04:59:52 pm »

good you have some pallet experience... mine is limited to being under hay and even those I've moved onto plastic ones because they are so much lighter  :-)
NC

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 09:19:55 am »

I am watching big snowflakes coming down outside....but my cabin shell is done, and as soon as I can prep the gravel base, they will deliver.
ARGH!!!!  Real spring cannot come soon enough!

ponymare

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 10:05:52 am »

Hurry, Spring!  8)

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2018, 08:41:51 am »

Gravel delivered, now we need to level it.
Cabin shell delivery set for May 9

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2018, 09:34:17 am »

Awesome, Kysa, I bet you are one happy Grandma, now that maybe Spring is here.

Last week we had snow yesterday was mid 90s today is HUMID and warm with t storms forecast for this afternoon.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up