Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recipe for coffee creamer  (Read 339 times)

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • View Profile
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
Re: Recipe for coffee creamer
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 08:54:24 am »

For folks who are curious about the ingredients in Coffee Mate, and wonder how they can show 0% transfats in a product that clearly contains transfats: http://www.organicauthority.com/health/what-the-heck-is-coffee-mate-creamer.html

I used to LOVE it.  Had to have CoffeeMate.  I quit using it regularly about 40 years ago, when I needed to severely cut my grocery budget AND my caloric intake.  Nowadays, if I want creamy coffee, I add real dairy cream.  I do that the equivalent of about a half pint a year.  If I don't have cream on hand, which I often don't, I just add lowfat milk.  I almost never add anything sweet to my coffee. 
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • View Profile
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 08:56:58 am »

And a compendium of everything we ever wanted to know about how to get our coffee lighter:  https://blogs.ext.vt.edu/eatsmart-movemore/2013/10/18/half-and-half-vs-non-dairy-creamer-whats-the-best-for-coffee/
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

oncidium

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2018, 06:46:15 am »

Oh thanks ya'll. 

Stevia and Nutrasweet makes me not feel well when consumed.  Has anyone who uses milk in their coffee now used almond milk, coconut milk, soy, etc?  It is an interesting taste on all fronts with those.  Try it and report what YOU think it tastes like, make sure you try it with and without sugar or flavorings, or heck add your own sugar and flavorings and report back.  No cashew milk for me, allergy to that.  All other nuts I eat with no issues.  I am ok with sweet and low, but not in coffee, yes, I will quit that starting today since that causes cancer in rats.  If I use sweet and low it is used as a half of a small packet at a time.   I am not consuming hemp in any form. 

With all this peer pressure of me being different for using coffee mate, and so much concern for my health, I will quit drinking coffee from now on, since coffee mate is so bad.  Cool I have a new years resolution!  I only drink a couple cups a day with coffee mate.  I use the powdered stuff coffee mate.  Today will be the last day.  Husband too.  Not a fan of it served black, neither is he.  My husband quit milk in his coffee a few months ago.  Speaking of saving money, not purchasing milk has saved alot of money.

FYI according to the label on coffee mate (reading it right off the label now) (the dry stuff, unflavored, no fake sugars) there are 0 transfats 0 monosaturated fats, .05g of saturated fat, 1 carb, no protein, no fat, no sugar, has vegge oils, 10 cal per teaspoon, the sweet (not a sweet taste like sugar) comes from corn syrup solids. If it has other things or they have lied about the ingredients no problem.  Last day of consuming it. 

O

Life is short, and it is here to be lived.  Kate Winslet

“I used to be lost in the shuffle.  Now I just shuffle along with the lost.” 

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:50:21 am by oncidium »

kckc

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 10:41:18 pm »

saw this online for anyone that wants pumpkin spice coffee creamer  (really?:-)

Pumpkin spice coffee creamer
1c heavy cream
2/3c scm
Couple dashes of pumpkin spice
1 plop of canned pumpkin
Blend
NC
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up