Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summer vacation  (Read 222 times)

caglover

Summer vacation
« on: December 18, 2017, 05:33:40 am »

We have booked our summer trip.
We are heading to the Big South Fork area of Tennessee for a week of trail riding and relaxation.
We have booked a cabin at the Laurel Fork Rustic Retreat..
Can't wait! I
www.laurelfork.com

NoBite

• Administrator
Re: Summer vacation
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 07:01:20 am »

Beautiful country over there! Enjoy!!
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

kckc

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 07:18:40 am »

Oh that sounds like fun !
NC

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 08:22:46 am »

You will love it there.  We have been there several times, but it has been a while since we have been there.  We are trying to stay closer to home on our horse trips rather than spend so much money in fuel and wear on the truck.  We now mostly make Elkins Creek in southern OH as our favorite camping/vacation time at.  But we do have scheduled rides we do in PA and NY with our 2 local clubs when we are riding close to home. 

Jeanne Root

caglover

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 03:53:06 am »

You will love it there.  We have been there several times, but it has been a while since we have been there.  We are trying to stay closer to home on our horse trips rather than spend so much money in fuel and wear on the truck.  We now mostly make Elkins Creek in southern OH as our favorite camping/vacation time at.  But we do have scheduled rides we do in PA and NY with our 2 local clubs when we are riding close to home. 

Jeanne Root

This will be our last big trip with our current truck...
Without us or our trail riding compadres having a living quarters trailer our choices of destinations are limited to those with cabins (and my wife insists on stalls for the horses).

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 08:40:33 am »

Elkins Creek also has a really nice cabin that they rent.  It is right next to where we normally park when we are there with our L/Q.   We like the setting there by the creek behind us, and the stalls and water are right there too.  That is the best riding you can get.  The owners do all they can to make sure you enjoy your stay.  We will be there the first of May.  That is our anniversary time, and we always go out for dinner on our Anniversary taking along anyone at the camp that wants to go also.  Usually Rick and Jill who own the camp, go out with us also.

Jeanne
Pages: [1]   Go Up