Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zu's 2nd obstacle event  (Read 157 times)

kckc

Zu's 2nd obstacle event
« on: December 17, 2017, 05:35:28 pm »

And thanks to Kysa for helping with my pictures !!

I told you guys about “ZU the Brave” in his first obstacle course.  Today’s obstacle event was ZU The Terrified, ZU the I-Don’t-Wanna, ZU The NOTGRACEFUL.    
No seriously he wasn’t awful just not as brave or willing as last time.  We didn’t go early for the registration and walk through because it was 22 degrees !  I called and confirmed we could just come for the riding portion which was slightly better at 40 and windy. 
We had a lot of standing and waiting around and ZU really didn’t want to do that.  So we walked a little, did some yields, sidepasses etc.   He wasn’t particularly happy about that either.
When we got in our fist obstacle was Santa.   Real live (slender) Santa.  No idea why ZU said no.  I was initially more worried about him eating Santa’s beard.   He didn’t really even seem to notice the inflatable snowman that was rocking back and forth in the wind.    We did a second class and he was better about Santa.  Oh and had to carry a santa bag with things it – it really wasn’t light.  Those with a horn were happier than I was.
Then there was a fire pit (real one) and a buffet table with the real lunch items on it!  It was the lunch items they provided.   Real crockpots etc. We were supposed to drop a “present” on the table.   I swear ZU tried to knock it over.   2nd class I made his sidepass over to it and we didn’t get as close to it.
Then the cones  - we had to circle them  - it was like turning a tank – sheesh, we made some huuuge turns.  We’ll have to work on that.
Then there was a goat.  He didn’t seem to care about it but didn’t volunteer to meet it. 
Then there were tires filled with sawdust.  He pawed it before he would stand on it.  1st class he would go all four feet over them.  The 2nd class he was better to go up on it but in trying to step on and cross both he went sideways and we about fell !  I think he got a hoof hung up on the inside rim of the tire.  Whew… he didn’t like those apparently.
Then there were the pigs.  2 little pigs in a kennel.  And beside them a cow.   To my knowledge first cow and pigs.   When he first realized they were there he just sort of just froze.  Then he walked forward and got close but not too close.  2nd class the damned pigs were fornicating !    He got closer then.
I don’t know why he was afraid of the tarp but in the first class  he would NOT step on it.   2nd class he stepped on it. 
Then there was a ditch.   He just knew it was a grave.  He said Oh Hell NO.   I did get him to put 2 feet in but then he skidded up over the side (just so damned graceful).   2nd class he anticipated the grave and said No.  I did get him to walk up to it but he would not go through.
After the classes were over walked him through and he scared the cow trying to eat the cow’s hay, then touched noses with the pigs and tried to eat their feed.   Poor guy is sooo hungry.    He walked all over the tarp and walked right down into the ditch.   I could have just stomped him.   

They wanted me to stick around for ribbons and trophies (snicker snicker) but it was headed to dark
NC

kckc

Re: Zu's 2nd obstacle event
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 05:36:46 pm »

more pictures
NC

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 06:06:38 pm »

Looks like Zu is doing pretty well.
Always a good thing to read about
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 06:54:55 pm »

That looks like a really fun course, yet I don't blame Zu for being a lil bit chicken. Good for both of you!

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 07:11:37 am »

TY for sharing what sounds like an overall FUN! experience!
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

misstux

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 08:28:42 am »

Strider loves obstacles when his brain hasn't left the building. Looks like fun

ClaudiaIN

• CQ Equine Gifts.Facebook.com/
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 04:14:05 pm »

Fun !! I've always wanted to try obstacles ---
see my website @ www.CQEquine.com

And on Facebook.   Www.Facebook.com/CQEquine

kckc

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 09:13:00 pm »

Got these pictures from the event.   First is me trying to convince ZU it really wasn't a grave.
NC

kckc

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 09:13:51 pm »

ZU looking at the cow... really funny
NC
Pages: [1]   Go Up